Confirmed with Link: Avs Trade Brännstörm for Tucker Poolman + 4th

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
We got a draft pick for a player we picked up for free. Even if it’s just a 4th round pick
More like we got a 4th for taking on an LTIR capdump, albeit a capdump with benefits for us specifically. Brännström would likely have been waived today by the Avs anyways so his inclusion in the trade is essentially negligible.

Reactions: the_fan

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
My guess is they see more upside in Kylington. He still has some rust to shake off due to his lack of play lately, but the bottom line is he's shown more ability at the NHL level than Brannstrom to date.

I'm still a little foggy on the cap implications, not sure if the Poolman inclusion is more beneficial for us or them
Neither of these guys have upside. Brannstrom got traded because he comes up first in alphabetical order.

• Love
Reactions: JWK and missionAvs

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
Likely that Branstrom is a nothing in this.
Vancouver paid a 4th to unload an injured guy.
Colorado monetized their LTIRed situation and apparently even generated cap space out of it. So they got paid a 4th, to increase their cap space, that's actually quite fantastic. Seems like their only downside is they have a greater real cash salary to pay. So if I'm getting this right, the cheap ass Avs owner have accepted to shell out cash in order to acquire an asset and cap space. Interesting...

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
More like we got a 4th for taking on an LTIR capdump, albeit a capdump with benefits for us specifically. Brännström would likely have been waived today by the Avs anyways so his inclusion in the trade is essentially negligible.
Do you happen to know what are the actual benefits here? Like many in the thread, I am struggling to understand how this impacts anything apart from making accruing cap space while Nuke's contract is excluded from the cap potentially more difficult

Reactions: BrickNHL

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Do you happen to know what are the actual benefits here? Like many in the thread, I am struggling to understand how this impacts anything apart from making accruing cap space while Nuke's contract is excluded from the cap potentially more difficult
This appears to be opposite. It seems as though this puts the Avs extremely close to the cap, allowing them to accrue cap space more rapidly

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Likely that Branstrom is a nothing in this.
Vancouver paid a 4th to unload an injured guy.
Colorado monetized their LTIRed situation and apparently even generated cap space out of it. So they got paid a 4th, to increase their cap space, that's actually quite fantastic. Seems like their only downside is they have a greater real cash salary to pay. So if I'm getting this right, the cheap ass Avs owner have accepted to shell out cash in order to acquire an asset and cap space. Interesting...
This would make sense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad