Confirmed with Link: Avs Trade Brännstörm for Tucker Poolman + 4th

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Does this mean they can accrue even more space before Nuke comes back with Poolman’s added salary making it a higher percentage?

Someone please explain, I’m a dumbass :(

@henchman21

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I guess I wasn't the only one who found Brannstrom's game severely deficient this preseason. Kudos to the front office for finding a creative way to ease the defenseman logjam and solve a cap problem at the same time.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
okay, thanks to those tweets above I can now understand the idea behind this, cap wise.

but even without it, they just changed a failed garbage bin signing before the season even starts into a 4th. thats is a W. too bad they cant draft shit still, but lets not talk about that now. lol

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
okay, thanks to those tweets above I can now understand the idea behind this, cap wise.

but even without it, they just changed a failed garbage bin signing before the season even starts into a 4th. thats is a W. too bad they cant draft shit still, but lets not talk about that now. lol
It's more like a 4th for taking Poolman's LTIR deal and then Brännström sent out for nothing. Vancouver immediately waived him so clearly they didn't see much value in him asset wise. What's of value for them is the ability to accrue and $$$ savings.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Also why is that so many of our “reporters” didn’t know that Poolman is pretty much retired? Seems like the easiest gig in the world to be an Aves reporter. Claim a lack of cooperation from the Avs when you’re wrong or late, and then be so small time that not knowing this Poolman stuff doesn’t even get acknowledged by your audience

Reactions: Bender

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I'd not go that far but with Malinski forcing their hand on the right side they didn't really have a choice
Looks like it was a fight between Kylington, Malinski, and Brännström for one spot and Malinski won, so the front office looked to add a LHS to complement him. Had either Kylington or Brännström won the job maybe the front office would have looked at a RHD instead.

Also why is that so many of our “reporters” didn’t know that Poolman is pretty much retired? Seems like the easiest gig in the world to be an Aves reporter. Claim a lack of cooperation from the Avs when you’re wrong or late, and then be so small time that not knowing this Poolman stuff doesn’t even get acknowledged by your audience
Capfriendly being down makes it harder for casual fans to find info, which creates an opportunity for the media guys to actually become a source of information if they just do some light research... Alas...

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
I’d blame the way news has to be broken immediately - if you didn’t happen to know the entire leagues LTIR situation by heart
you’d have to look it up and delay your tweet.

Reactions: BrickNHL

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I always find it funny when media people drop an analytics card, like it’s gospel.

Look at the way the roster has to come together. There’s a surplus of puck movers for the bottom pair. The Avs didn’t give a damn about JJ having shit underlying numbers when he was on the team. They’re unloading a free asset for cap space and a trade asset. What’s confusing about that?

Oh my god, what are the Avs going to do without the dependability of Erik Bannstrom on their bottom pair?

1728242857322.gif

Reactions: BrickNHL

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
My guess is they see more upside in Kylington. He still has some rust to shake off due to his lack of play lately, but the bottom line is he's shown more ability at the NHL level than Brannstrom to date.

I'm still a little foggy on the cap implications, not sure if the Poolman inclusion is more beneficial for us or them

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We got a draft pick for a player we picked up for free. Even if it’s just a 4th round pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad