Series Talk: Avs Stanley Cup Celebration Pictures and Videos Thread

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Cogs Pic.png

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
He said in am interview last night that he almost retired last summer
Yes, after having missed almost an entire season because of injuries. He missed 5/97 games this season. That's not bad considering his age, the style he plays and his injuries last season.

I see zero reason why he should retire. He's not going to walk away from 6 million bucks when he can play. And after next season, I would imagine he still wants to continue playing, although it would be with a severe paycut.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Yes, after having missed almost an entire season because of injuries. He missed 5/97 games this season. That's not bad considering his age, the style he plays and his injuries last season.

I see zero reason why he should retire. He's not going to walk away from 6 million bucks when he can play. And after next season, I would imagine he still wants to continue playing, although it would be with a severe paycut.
I agree, just stating why everyone is talking about it

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017

He's already made a lot of money, and who knows where his body is at after that playoff run. It was pretty noticeable that the coaching staff started scaling back his role once Manson started getting more comfortable. When the Avs were killing the most recent 5-on-3 it was Manson and Jack Johnson out there, not EJ. Maybe he's ready to just walk off into the sunset with a cup win and go play with his horses.
Just look a the video of him skating around the empty arena and the one of him and Landy sitting by themselves on the bench. That sure looked like a guy saying goodbye to me.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Whatever it was, I guarantee you Bo didn't understand a word of it!
Видите ли, у меня болела нога, но главное было не обращать внимания на боль, а, чувак, пить из чашки весело. В России вам дали бы этот газ, и это было бы здорово, но бандиты - это беда. Бо, я люблю тебя!

MildAvaholic

Jan 7, 2007
Houston, Texas
Видите ли, у меня болела нога, но главное было не обращать внимания на боль, а, чувак, пить из чашки весело. В России вам дали бы этот газ, и это было бы здорово, но бандиты - это беда. Бо, я люблю тебя!
That is great!! Nice job!

Reactions: MarkT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad