Confirmed Signing with Link: Avs sign Gabriel Bourque and Rene Bourque

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

- PTOs.
- 1 year deals for both.
- One-way for Rene, will stay with the Avs
- Two-way for Gabriel, will be sent down to the Rampage in AHL.

Both had positive training camps, Gabriel was a hound on the puck with good anticipation for the forecheck. While Rene actually competed and went to the dirty areas of the ice like in front of the net. I know, this is a shock, even for me when I was typing this.

P.S.: Thanks Caley for the information!

Last edited:

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Colorado signs Gabriel Bourque and Rene Bourque

Both are 1 year deals, Gabriel is on a 2-way and waived with the intension of sending him to the AHL, while Rene is on a 1-way deal.

Gunnar Staal

Mar 17, 2004
Good, Colorado. Now go trade for Chris Bourque and create the Swedish Chef line. It needs to be done.

Demon Wolf

Feb 22, 2013
Rene, such a frustrating player to watch. He'd have stretches where he looked like a premier power forward with the physical tools and skating, but just as often he'd fade into the margins and play on the perimeter.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Bork must have a great agent. How does this guy keep getting NHL deals?

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
Well the two of them didn't look harmful during the Kings pre-season game. It didn't look like they could add much either. But I guess it looks like they've understood Bednar's new system and can apply it on the ice.

To be honest the Kings pre-season game was the first game I ever really saw the two of them play in. I had heard of their names prior to their coming to Colorado but nothing more.

I'll get a better taste of what Rene can offer once the season gets underway.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Rene had a shockingly good preseason. Odds are it was just because he was playing for a contract, but he did earn it. As long as he stays on the 4th line, so be it. I'll be pissed if he tricked Bednar into thinking he's 3rd line (or better) material.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Rene's contract is only $650k for one year. If he does not perform then he will be buried. I am sure that has been made clear and Bednar has driven home that he will play those who earn the playing time.

If R. Bourque can keep up the effort then I think he will have a pretty decent year. He certainly has the external motivation to keep him focused.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Good, Colorado. Now go trade for Chris Bourque and create the Swedish Chef line. It needs to be done.

that's gold jerry ! Gold !

Its not often I laugh out loud reading HF but this was one of those times. well played

Sakics Snowblower

Aug 16, 2011
Saint John, NB
Terry Frei reporting that Coach Bednar speaks of Gabriel as if he's made main roster. He's not on waivers for assignment to the AHL but rather just because he has a 2 way contract.

Last edited:

Inigo Montoya

Aug 29, 2008
Newmarket, ON
Swedish-Chef-swedish-chef-16861469-460-276.jpg

Bourque. Bourque.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Rene earned his spot in the preseason.

He may have a history of being a lazy disinterested player but that didn't show in the preseason. Was it because he was on a PTO and trying to earn a paycheck? Perhaps, but with Bednar he'll have made it clear that if you're not putting in the effort you wont be playing. So Rene will have to continue showing what he showed if he wants to keep playing.

As for Gabriel. He had a solid preseason as well. Great on the forecheck and predicting the play well was the scouting report from him. I'm honestly not sure why he was sent down as I would prefer him to a couple of our guys currently on the NHL roster(Martinsen, and McCleod at least). But my guess is he wont be down for long. As soon as someone starts getting a bit lazy and not putting in the effort on the ice, he'll be called up.

The added depth in Gabriel is never a bad thing for a team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad