GDT: AVS @ Sharks 10/20/24 6:00PM MNT (Yet Another Emergency GDT)

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Was Manson offside on the entry?
Sshh - Flick Fight.gif

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I have a hard time believing that one of the longest tenured coaches in the NHL doesn't have full control over his lines and who he starts.
Not what I'm saying. If the Avs know that they are going to need to move George at some point, they probably would prefer if he 'played his way out of his slump' rather than lose his starting role out right within the first 5 games of the season.

It's all about what his value would be in a deal going back the other way. I bet Cmac hated attaching that 1st round pick to get rid of Ryjo and would probably prefer to move George as a guy who's at least 'serviceable' rather than just 100% dead weight because it's going to cost the Avs more if that's the case. Pure speculation on my part but the Avs know they can't go into the playoffs with George again next spring.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Not what I'm saying. If the Avs know that they are going to need to move George at some point, they probably would prefer if he 'played his way out of his slump' rather than lose his starting role out right within the first 5 games of the season.

It's all about what his value would be in a deal going back the other way. I bet Cmac hated attaching that 1st round pick to get rid of Ryjo and would probably prefer to move George as a guy who's at least 'serviceable' rather than just 100% dead weight because it's going to cost the Avs more if that's the case. Pure speculation on my part but the Avs know they can't go into the playoffs with George again next spring.
I could see that aspect of it. But at the same time, f*** Bednar for rewarding a player for playing like shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad