Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign F Jonathan Drouin ($2.5m x 1y)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Interesting. That's a good signing of course but that number makes it hard to ice a 21 man roster so perhaps there's still another cap move coming, either now or in November.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
So we’re paying 8 mill total for Mitts and Drouin. That’s some good piece of business by CMac
If you told me the day the season ended that the Avs could sign Mitts and Drouin for a combined $10M I'd have jumped for joy.

As others have noted recently, nobody has been giving the Avs any home-town discounts...until now. I don't think there is any doubt he could have gotten 4 x $4M elsewhere - probably Utah adding insult to injury if he took it.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
So can we keep Colton and Drouin now, and still fill out the rest of the roster with league min or close to?

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
Trade Moose, keep Drouin.
I truly hate to rain on this Drouin lovefest, but the 300# gorilla in the room is the 25-26 season.

1) Mikko is going to want the bag. ( + $3M to $4.5M)
2) Assuming Georgie is not assassinated by someone here, either he or his replacement is going to want more than $3.25M (+$1.75)
3) LOC is a massive value at $1.05M. At minimum, he should get the Wood contract (+1.45M)
4) Oh, yeah, Drouin again. (+ $2.0)

That is $9.7M without taking Kovalenko into consideration. Or the fact that Nuke might not be gone, HF desires notwithstanding. The NHL estimates the cap at $92M. Assuming Landy laces them up this seaosn or next, I see no way to keep the window open aside from letting Mikko walk. As others have noted, Mikko is our rental for this cup run, as far as I am concerned.

Unless CMac has one more bullet left in the trade gun.

I guess this is as good a place as any to point out that Trenin just got 4 x $3.5M

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
T
I truly hate to rain on this Drouin lovefest, but the 300# gorilla in the room is the 25-26 season.

2) Assuming Georgie is not assassinated by someone here, either he or his replacement is going to want more than $3.25M (+$1.75)
3) LOC is a massive value at $1.05M. At minimum, he should get the Wood contract (+1.45M)

That is $9.7M without taking Kovalenko into consideration. Or the fact that Nuke might not be gone, HF desires notwithstanding. The NHL estimates the cap at $92M. Assuming Landy laces them up this seaosn or next, I see no way to keep the window open aside from letting Mikko walk. As others have noted, Mikko is our rental for this cup run, as far as I am concerned.

I guess this is as good a place as any to point out that Trenin just got 4 x $3.5M
There’s always a way. Prices for trade solutions may rise as the situation progresses, but that’s the price you pay to extend the window.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

Meh, cross that bridge when we get to it. For all we know Nichushkin will be gone or Landeskog will have retired by then.

We don't know what we have in Kovalenko yet do no point worrying about a raise for him yet.

Also the Avs will probably keep looking for value in net, and perhaps Nabokov could be ready to step in if his KHL playoff performance is any indication. Time will tell.

hoserthehorrible

Jul 15, 2003
Colorado

What does next year's cap issues have to do with this year's one year bargain deal for Drouin?

Reactions: a mangy Meowth

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Aw how disappointing; the "lynch CMac" mob you guys were cooking up yesterday looked like it was gonna be epic and I was just getting read to join :sarcasm:

My head cannon is that you are actually Chris MacFarland and you don't take public criticism very well :laugh:

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Love the signing, but feel like a move still need to be made.

With these crazy contracts being handed out, GMs fully expect the cap to skyrocket. I don't think anyone can say that Wood has negative value anymore.

Since Colton's NTC kicked in, Wood >>> Girard > Manson would be preference of trade so we have a bit more wiggle room to make some tweaks.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'm just tickled pink. I always thought the Avs would get it done, but thought the number would be 3-3.5M. I'm sure JD had a bigger number in his heart but anyone with internet access can see the Avs cap situation (until the 3rd when capfriendly goes dark) and I think he made a choice to sacrifice money for happiness. Doing a one year deal is risky, but he's already bet on himself once, and he's willing to do it again. I'm really, really starting to admire JD.

When can the Avs extend him? Is it Jan 1?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
live look at Montreal's fanbase:

View attachment 890720

I'm dead 😂

I'm just tickled pink. I always thought the Avs would get it done, but thought the number would be 3-3.5M. I'm sure JD had a bigger number in his heart but anyone with internet access can see the Avs cap situation (until the 3rd when capfriendly goes dark) and I think he made a choice to sacrifice money for happiness. Doing a one year deal is risky, but he's already bet on himself once, and he's willing to do it again. I'm really, really starting to admire JD.

When can the Avs extend him? Is it Jan 1?

Yeah, 2.5 is pretty impressive, I pretty much had the same numbers in my head.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad