Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I was kind of hoping Iggy was either gone or taking Skille's spot lol, where does Iggy play higher in the lineup if Boedker or Radulov are here and Rantanen is up?

Top 9; Duchy, MacK, Landy, Greg, Rantanen, Soderberg, Radulov/Boedker, Comeau, Matthias.

I like Matts more than Comeau, but I realize that's probably not realistic. If they believe JTC is on the roster next year, you might as well not sign one of Matts or Skille.

This should be interesting with JTC, because we all know how much Roy is going to value putting him in the AHL for a year. If Compher is going to be in the AHL, why not just play another year in College and choose your destination?

Depends on what needs to happen to open up cap space this summer. Ideally Iginla's gone, but that's certainly still an unknown. If Iginla, Mitchell, Comeau & Matthias are all back; Mikko's called up; and no one is hurt; then it's tricky finding an NHL gig for JTC off the bat. But if one of Malkin/Lake/Matthias isn't back next year & we can only afford one of Radulov/Boedker because Iggy stayed, then I'd imagine something like this, if they intend for Mikko to play C:

Radulov** - Soderberg - Duchene
Landeskog** - MacK - Grigorenko*
Matthias/Comeau - Mikko - Iginla*
McCleod - Mitchell/JTC - JTC/Como
Martinsen

Or like this if they don't:

Grigorenko - Duchene - Radulov**
Rantanen* - MacKinnon - Iginla**
Matthias/Como - Soda - Landeskog*
Martinsen

Replace Radulov with Boedker if that's who they sign instead. Replace Iginla with Boedker, if Iggy is traded so we can sign both...though this scenario could well require more than just one of Malkin/Comeau/Matthias to depart before next season.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I can't either, but his contract rubs me the wrong way a bit.

I do understand what value Comeau holds, but is it worth 2.4M to us? That's a legit question with all things considered IMO.

Personally I'm fine with it. I think it's a fair price, even bordering on a a slightly good price IMO for a guy that plays that tweener role better than most.

You see some guys in that role making into the $3M's.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I stopped buying lottery tickets. I realized in the end the Oilers are just going to win anyway.

Luckily I think the draft lottery is rigged, so I just blame that on the league personally. I found it amusing that we won the draft lottery the year Jones was available as a top 3 pick with him being from Colorado and us needing defense. They forgot to account for the Roy factor though.

Personally I'm fine with it. I think it's a fair price, even bordering on a a slightly good price IMO for a guy that plays that tweener role better than most.

You see some guys in that role making into the $3M's.

That is true, but that does not mean I have to like it lol.

It was amusing when Edmonton signed a 3rd/4th line center for 3 or 4M, can't remember his name though.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Depends on what needs to happen to open up cap space this summer. Ideally Iginla's gone, but that's certainly still an unknown. If Iginla, Mitchell, Comeau & Matthias are all back; Mikko's called up; and no one is hurt; then it's tricky finding an NHL gig for JTC off the bat. But if one of Malkin/Lake/Matthias isn't back next year & we can only afford one of Radulov/Boedker because Iggy stayed, then I'd imagine something like this, if they intend for Mikko to play C:

Radulov** - Soderberg - Duchene
Landeskog** - MacK - Grigorenko*
Matthias/Comeau - Mikko - Iginla*
Martinsen

Or like this if they don't:

Grigorenko - Duchene - Radulov**
Rantanen* - MacKinnon - Iginla**
Matthias/Como - Soda - Landeskog*
Martinsen

(replace Radulov with Boedker if that's who they sign instead)

I'm really convinced Mikko will be the third center on the depth chart next year regardless. My feeling with the way things have unfolded is that his development window is now Soderberg's contract.

So I'm guessing,

Grigorenko - MacKinnon - Radulov
Landeskog - Soderberg - Comeau
Matthias - Rantanen - Duchene
McLeod - Mitchell - Iginla

I think Holden is gone, and so is one or both of Varly/Berra with Stuart on LTIR.

Edit : Hey on another note, I wonder if Aggzz made himself a legit option as the 13th forward for next year with the way he played? He played well defensively, and was aggressive at center. All qualities Roy likes, yeah he does not have the size, but you could have fooled me with how he played. We know they like to have a center as the 13th as well.

He'd be cheap to keep around on an NHL deal for that.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Luckily I think the draft lottery is rigged, so I just blame that on the league personally. I found it amusing that we won the draft lottery the year Jones was available as a top 3 pick with him being from Colorado and us needing defense. They forgot to account for the Roy factor though.

That is true, but that does not mean I have to like it lol.

That's fair, haha.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
if league wanted to rig that lottery, oilers would've been the last team to win it.

mcdavid would be a coyote.

That would make it too conspicuous when Arizona magically won the lottery this year. Gotta throw everyone off with the McJesus-to-Edmonton lottery last year, so that people won't question it when the yotes' get their franchise-saving local boy this year.

#ValyrianTinfoil

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
That would make it to conspicuous when Arizona magically won the lottery this year. Gotta throw everyone off with the McJesus-to-Edmonton lottery last year, so that people won't question it when the yotes' get their franchise-saving local boy this year.

Exactly, and some of you scouts know drafts a couple of years out. There was probably some idea of this Az kid being at the top of this draft lol.

Big Napoleon Garry Bettman is a smart dude, even if his assistant writes emails like hes a 3rd grader. Hire the dude who will not take your job right?

Avs44

May 16, 2011
http://milehighsticking.com/2016/04/01/pepsi-center-to-change-fees-for-colorado-avalanche-games/

I dont quite get this... Who's stupid enough to wear the opponent team jerseys or any fan stuff on them at all just to get robbed +100 dollars? Or does it mean every person that's not wearing avs merch, have to pay extra cash?

April Fools mate :laugh:

When asked if the fee policy would apply to children as well, Kroenke and Sakic spoke in unison to say, “Yes.”

Sakic added, “It’s distasteful to raise your children in Colorado to support another hockey team.”

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It'd be funny as hell but wouldnt it cause more problems than solving one.
It'd be like "Oh we won!....uh oh we won??"

I don't know, I'd probably draft whichever Finnish kid is the one with the nasty shot. Even over Matthews just as a preference for need. Either that or attempt to bait OEL out of Az, so I could see the benefits lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad