GDT: Avs @ Kraken - 10/22/2024 @ 6:30 PM MST (yet another emergency GDT)

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
IMG_1597.gif

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Good Lord man, chill out. If he’s as high on Georgiev as you seem to think he is, do you really think he would’ve given Annunen the start tonight? You’re reading way too much into an innocuous answer to an innocuous question.

Georgiev was mostly fine against the Ducks.
From a much more sober perspective, you're definitely right

• Haha
Reactions: Pokecheque

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
If and when George starts the next time, the team needs to put an enormous effort in to get him a shutout.

Then sell him.

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
It's an interesting situation. Avs management - for better of worse - is committed to the proposition that with the talent on the roster, they don't need stellar goaltending to win. Just adequate goaltending. Hell, with the salary cap and the talent they have to shell out for, that approach may simply be an economic necessity. So they won't overpay for it. They won in 20222 with Darcy "the Cyclops" Kuemper and his back up, so that's the strategy - love it or hate it.

But if the "It's Raining Nen" combo of Annunen and Kahkonen is simply adequate (or better) for a while, all of a sudden AG's salary creates a nice opportunity to create some cap space - surely there's team out there willing to trade for him.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Bullshit

This is the NHL, and this is supposed to be a good team. I dont think Bednar does it for that purpose
You should know by now that Bednar doesn't trash players publicly. It's actually shocking when he does call a player out because its so rare. He knows as much as the rest of us that it's about managing egos as much as it is X's and O's.

I dunno if you want to see him do what DeBoer and Quenneville do with goalies, but I don't think that would be helpful here.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
So Bednar should just alienate him and trash him publicly because you think he sucks?
You should know by now that Bednar doesn't trash players publicly. It's actually shocking when he does call a player out because its so rare. He knows as much as the rest of us that it's about managing egos as much as it is X's and O's.

I dunno if you want to see him do what DeBoer and Quenneville do with goalies, but I don't think that would be helpful here.
There's a level somewhere there between "trashing the player in public" and giving ringing endorsement when the player doesn't deserve it.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
There's a level somewhere there between "trashing the player in public" and giving ringing endorsement when the player doesn't deserve it.
Who gives a shit what he says publicly? The press isn't where legit criticisms should be made. That does no one any good.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Not really.

First goal he couldn’t find the puck in his pass

Second goal was a terrible rebound from a long distance wrist shot

Third goal was from a bad angle.
He was still fine. Not great, maybe not even good. But not uproariously bad. I don't blame Bednar for trying to pump the tires on both his goalies. Nothing will be gained by thrashing him in public.

I wouldn't call it a "ringing endorsement," he simply said the goaltending was at an acceptable level the last three games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad