GDT: Avs @ Kraken - 10/22/2024 @ 6:30 PM MST (yet another emergency GDT)

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'm sure when the eventually trade for Gibson/Blackwood, George will go the other way.
I'm not sure they do that though... That wont really solve the issue either. The issue at the moment is having 3 goalies. Teams hate carrying 3 guys. But I suspect very soon its going to be clear George is the one who needs to go.

I wonder if they could swap George out for someone else who's overpaid but maybe a decent Forward or Dman type.

For example something that immediately jumps into my head for a deal would be Georgiev for Armia in Montreal.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
LMAO he just absolutely refuses to give Juice the flowers he deserves. It really boggles the mind
He gives Annunen props. His big in net, reads the plays well, was good in last game that’s why he got the start again today. What else is Bednar supposed to say?

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I think Bednar knows that’s Georgiev has the mental fortitude of a child and requires praise / the illusion that he’s not under threat. Otherwise, look at how pathetic he was in New York, y’know?

Basically, Bednar has to deal with babysitting the guys he has. Georgiev’s continued presence falls on management.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
LMAO he just absolutely refuses to give Juice the flowers he deserves. It really boggles the mind
Good Lord man, chill out. If he’s as high on Georgiev as you seem to think he is, do you really think he would’ve given Annunen the start tonight? You’re reading way too much into an innocuous answer to an innocuous question.

Last 2 games instead of last 3 games
Georgiev was mostly fine against the Ducks.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I think Bednar knows that’s Georgiev has the mental fortitude of a child and requires praise / the illusion that he’s not under threat. Otherwise, look at how pathetic he was in New York, y’know?

Basically, Bednar has to deal with babysitting the guys he has. Georgiev’s continued presence falls on management.

Yeah it's exactly this.

They know what happened with George in New York. They don't want that to happen here.

But his results are going to ultimately force the Avs' hand, and not in a good way.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Good Lord man, chill out. If he’s as high on Georgiev as you seem to think he is, do you really think he would’ve given Annunen the start tonight? You’re reading way too much into an innocuous answer to an innocuous question.

Georgiev was mostly fine against the Ducks.
Not really.

First goal he couldn’t find the puck in his pass

Second goal was a terrible rebound from a long distance wrist shot

Third goal was from a bad angle.

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
Bednar pr talks Georgie up every chance he gets because Georgie is for sale! Ever heard a used car salesman say what a piece of junk he's selling?

• Haha
Reactions: katfude

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022

Bednar is trying to win games. If that means he has to publicly coddle the higher paid goalie that's what he'll do.

Doesn't mean he secretly thinks Georgie is great.

Doesn't mean he isn't reaming Georgie out in private (although he probably isn't).

So many people want him to say Georgie sucked or Justus was great. What good does that do?

Reactions: avsfan09

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Bednar pr talks Georgie up every chance he gets because Georgie is for sale! Ever heard a used car salesman say what a piece of junk he's selling?
Listen, he may have some hard miles, not very pretty exterior and lunches back and forth but you have to realize this is an IMPORT model! Very rare! Only 2 owners!

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Does it really matter what Bednar says as far as giving Georgiev confidence? He’s been bad, everyone knows it, the Avs are looking at trading for a new starter if Friedman’s report is true. Looks like Annunen is taking over as the starter, we also picked up Kahkonen.

At this point, Bednar doesn’t have to say anything because Georgiev is losing the starting job, and he’s gone after this season. It’s not like Bednar needs to be careful with his confidence because Georgiev is gonna be with the Avs for a long time. Right now Annunen is playing much better and it should be his net

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

Bullshit

This is the NHL, and this is supposed to be a good team. I dont think Bednar does it for that purpose

Reactions: katfude

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad