Proposal: AVS & HABS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Lol be interesting to see Habs fans respond ITT

especially since the trade isn’t godawful (it would never happen as its too risky for everyone)

Reactions: Grabner

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I mean, I haven't kept up with Byram lately, but personally don't hate the idea because it's currently a position of weakness but I think both teams stay pat, Montreal needs caufield as he's the only legit sniper prospect we've had in an eon and we do have a glut of D prospects

Reactions: malcb33

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
I mean, I haven't kept up with Byram lately, but personally don't hate the idea because it's currently a position of weakness but I think both teams stay pat, Montreal needs caufield as he's the only legit sniper prospect we've had in an eon and we do have a glut of D prospects
Sniper ? they have Toffoli + Hoffman we're good

Reactions: Hockey Stick

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Caufield is a potential solution to our #2 winger for the next decade.
Byram is a potential solution to be our #2 defenseman for next decade.

I'll happily keep Byram, but neither teams would do this.

Reactions: HabsQC

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
If we're trading Byram I'd rather trade for Suzuki.

Wouldn't happen though.
Of course you would. :laugh:

That's like saying "if we're trading Suzuki, I'd rather trade for MacKinnon."

Just kind of silly to even bring that up. Of course there's zero chance of that.

Reactions: bretpatrick7

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Kudos OP!

Very interesting proposal...

I'm inclined to say that unless there's something specific about Byram's game that is cause for concern, it's a gamble worth taking from Montreal's perspective given their depth at RW

Not sure Caufield's tantalizing talent would be enough to part with Byram from Colorado's perspective... unless of course they've seen something specific about his game that is cause for concern in the time he's been in their organization

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Ah, make a shit counter proposal (idea/suggestion/whatever), then sit back and watch the world burn. I like it. :laugh:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
HABS : Caufield
for
AVS : Bowen
Avs easily decline but it’s not insulting like past nonsense proposals of Tatar for Byram or Drouin for Girard.

at least Montreal is parting with young value this time.

habs add Guhle. Avs add Sampo Ranta and I’m more interested.

Reactions: shadow1

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Avs easily decline but it’s not insulting like past nonsense proposals of Tatar for Byram or Drouin for Girard.

at least Montreal is parting with young value this time.

habs add Guhle. Avs add Sampo Ranta and I’m more interested.

I bet you would be interested Ghule >> Sampo

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I bet you would be interested Ghule >> Sampo

Yes. Sort of.

But Byram > Caufield.

Gotta make the value match. Sampo is a rookie third line LW. He’s not a nobody. He carries some legit value.

Byram just scored a sick wrist shot. Took the puck off Dach’s stick, then drilled him into the boards 20 seconds later. He’s going to be a top pair D.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad