Avs GM Chris MacFarland and captain Gabriel Landeskog will meet with media at 9:30 AM (May 23). Update : Nothing happened . Just calmly move along

Sep 18, 2009
Because this press conference was never actually for that reason. This is the end of season press conference every team in the league does. Landy has joined the last couple pretty much and did so again today just to provide insight from in the locker room and about his own ongoing injury battle.

Like I had said earlier in the thread, this was just standard operating procedure for the Avs. Some good information about Nichushkin situation was actually the most interesting stuff to come out of the conference(He's done in Colorado).
Nich jshould also ne alweod to d allowed t ostay on

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
1716486224714.gif

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Looks like we are looking at 14 million in extra cap space should both comeback for the playoffs next year...I want us to pull a Vegas move so brazen that they outlaw, after we win the cup of course.
Nishushkin is eligible to return mid November.

yeaher

May 3, 2019
Nishushkin is eligible to return mid November.
Eligible... and that's fine we can play salary cap juggling game until the playoffs, but yeah he'd get back in once he is activated. Since the SCF in 2022 when he has played he has been a 9-10 million dollar player, but yeah lots of other problems. I am fine with him taking all season dealing with those and fixing what is wrong because he is a legit star at this point if he can get on the ice. He's become better than Landeskog ever was and that is saying something.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Dude has 5 more years left on his contract. Even if they were 99.8% sure he was never going to play again they wouldnt come and outright say it.

Leafs knew Muzzin's career was likely done when he got injured in 2022-2023 but they never came out and said it.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Interesting presser. What i got from it:

1. Good chance Nichushkin returns if he stays clean during Stage 3.
2. Landy likely to return at some point next season. Wont' be perma-LTIR'd
3. Cap management is going to be a challenge for the Avs

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I wonder when the Hockey gods will let Landy heal and re-enter the game. Avs need him now more than ever with Nuke out. Hockey karma’s a bitch.

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
"Long live the king" vibes

All kidding aside; its incredible how such a seemingly mundane play with a cut has taken one of the best power forwards out of the game for 3 years.
So it's a big misconception that knee (the one with the cut) is the one that's troubled. It's actually the other knee I believe that had the procedure because he was over compensating on that knee due to the cut on the other knee.

Reactions: thewookie1

Ad

Upcoming events

• Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,500.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Wagers: 4