Prospect Info: Avs draft F Calum Ritchie (2023 #27 overall)

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Maybe CMac wants to explore the trade market a bit more before signing Ritchie to a contract. If you're gonna trade a prospect it's a better look to do it before signing a contract than to sign him and trade him shortly theresfter. Leaving him unsigned also gives an acquiring team the freedom to structure the contract how they like.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Maybe CMac wants to explore the trade market a bit more before signing Ritchie to a contract. If you're gonna trade a prospect it's a better look to do it before signing a contract than to sign him and trade him shortly theresfter. Leaving him unsigned also gives an acquiring team the freedom to structure the contract how they like.
Or Kroenke is too cheap to pay the signing bonus. :D

Need that liquidity baby.

Reactions: missionAvs

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Unless Cal sees a massive jump in offensive ability I have a hard time seeing him make the big club even next season.

It seemed like any chance he got this year he shot well wide of the net and when he carried the puck he didn’t appear to be fully aware or his time and space. I’m sure some of that is nerves, but he was clearly not ready this year.

I hope he takes the lessons of his short NHL stint and applies them to how he plays in the O this year, but similar to some other posters I think he’ll require a year of AHL experience before he’s ready to be a full time NHLer. Not sure the big club has the patience for that to come to fruition, but if next year we some how had Gulyayev, Ritchie and Nabokov in the AHL it would be a pretty exciting time to watch the Eagles. However I think Guly has an extra year, not sure the likelihood of that getting removed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad