Prospect Info: Avs draft F Calum Ritchie (2023 #27 overall)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jimmysheva

Mar 16, 2014
Once playoff spot is secured, Bednar should give prospects more time. I don't care if we end up in the second wild card spot. Home ice doesn't matter.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Once playoff spot is secured, Bednar should give prospects more time. I don't care if we end up in the second wild card spot. Home ice doesn't matter.
They do give prospects time though. The issue has been that the Avs organization doesn´t have almost anyone that deserves NHL minutes. Spoonfeading AHLers NHL minutes shouldn´t be the goal for a contender.

Reactions: Mac Attack

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Better than the eternal game of monopoly that Siemens has put the organization through. Still waiting for that top 4 D but he seems content on just passing Go at every turn.
This is the face of a guy who picked the go directly to jail card , without passing go .

duncan-siemens-2014-690.jpg

word is that he's still there . ;)

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Yeah instead spoon feed NCAA free agents just to fulfill the promises they were given

I for one think that it's been great for the Avs to get these NCAA free agents. I wish we would get more of 'em. Free(ish) decent prospects.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
saw Duncan play in Saskatoon a couple times in his +1 and even me at the age of ~21 years old having played very low level hockey could tell by watching a couple games that dude flat out sucked and was not going anywhere. No clue what those scouts saw.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I thought Duncan was drafted because of his numbers. Which were incredibly inflated by Stefan Elliott.

Wait a second...Stefan Elliott was also billed as our coming savior.

We basically lit a first (Seimens) and second (Stefan) on fire just to watch it ultimately culminate in 21 games of Brandon Gormley.

Has there ever been a time when our amateur scouts were competent? In this millennia or century? They were good in the 90s. They've missed on most everything outside of the top 10 since. Hell, Tyson Jost was taken with #10, so you could even say we even struggle with top 10 picks.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I thought Duncan was drafted because of his numbers. Which were incredibly inflated by Stefan Elliott.

Wait a second...Stefan Elliott was also billed as our coming savior.

We basically lit a first and second on fire by spending a 2nd on Elliott and a 1st on Seimens to watch it ultimately culminate in 21 games of Brandon Gormley.

Has there ever been a time when our amateur scouts were competent? In this millennia or century? They were good in the 90s. They've missed on most everything outside of the top 10 since. Hell, Tyson Jost was taken with #10, so you could even say we even struggle with top 10 picks.
Up until the mid 00s Avs were one of the best drafting teams in the league. For years they were near the top of games in the NHL. Just pre cap, they spent a lot of those prospects to try to win. It just fell apart and aside for 09, they went into a black hole.

Elliott has an amazing release… one of the best I’ve seen at his age. He was just softer than baby shit.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad