Confirmed with Link: Avs claim G Kaapo Kähkönen off waiwers from WPG

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
At least management recognizes the urgency of the situation this season. I appreciate that they're much less complacent than in past seasons.

I don't think Kahkonen is the solution but at this point we have to try anything.
Good thing they waited until the 1st game of this season to find out Georgiev and Annunen are absolute garbage. There was zero evidence of that prior. Top notch job by Cmac again.

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Good thing they waited until the 1st game of this season to find out Georgiev and Annunen are absolute garbage. There was zero evidence of that prior. Top notch job by Cmac again.
I understood Annunen did ok prior to that game. No, I didn't follow the pre-season at all, but at least last season I think he did pretty well in the few games he played.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I understood Annunen did ok prior to that game. No, I didn't follow the pre-season at all, but at least last season I think he did pretty well in the few games he played.
Annunen has never been good despite being extremely protected at the NHL level. It's the Georgiev hate that made people wish Annunen would be the starter.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I'd have no issues with them waiving Georgie as a 'conditioning stint' for a bit. Give him the graceful waive, so when he sucks they can just say it's not working out.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Annunen’s physical skill set is very iffy in the NHL. IMO it is very unlikely he doesn’t get figured out at some point. Literally just make him move and it all falls apart.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
When you’re that fat, you’re guaranteed to bounce.
the-sandlot-flying-kiss.gif

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I am so upset that Winnipeg put him on waivers instead of Eric Comrie. I predict that Kaapo will play really good in Colorado and possibly become the #1 goaltender and haunt the Jets. He was really good on the Devils in the 2nd half.

We had a guy saying something to this effect about Brannstrom.... You're not fooling us.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Cumulative stats from 21-22 until last season for goaltenders with minimum 2400 minutes or 40 games played (62 in total):

GSAA:
Georgiev: 14.51
Kahkonen: -18.76

High Danger Goals Saved Above Expected:
Georgiev: 6.67
Kahkonen: -8.17

This ain't pretty lmao
Which teams did these guys play for again?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Which teams did these guys play for again?
Well Kahkonen's numbers are from his time on a not-that-bad Minnesota team but a truly heinous SJ team.

He was fairly average for Minnesota, then fell off the earth in SJ. Looked decent in NJ but then can't beat Eric Comrie for the backup job in Winnipeg.

So, I really have no idea which version of Kahkonen we are getting.

What I do know is he is not capable of being a full time starter.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $656.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $25.00