GDT: Avalanche @ Stars | 8:30 AM BKK / 6:30 MST | Battle of the Big D's

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I keep hearing in postgame interviews this idea that luck has not been going the Avs way. Just heard it with Hejda now, Duchene mentioned it awhile back, etc.. When you spend 3/4 of a game chasing the puck in your own zone, the puck will end up behind your goalie. It's not luck.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I keep hearing in postgame interviews this idea that luck has not been going the Avs way. Just heard it with Hejda now, Duchene mentioned it awhile back, etc.. When you spend 3/4 of a game chasing the puck in your own zone, the puck will end up behind your goalie. It's not luck.

Lol, can't say I disagree.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Chambers says he was benched.

What the hell even happened? I didn't think he was playing too poorly in the first two periods.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So Talbot and McLeod in the top six tomorrow night. Not even sure where MacKinnon fits in if the plan is to keep the Mitchell line together.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I hope Berra will play tomorrow. We can't run Varlamov into the ground completely.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
It will be interesting if we get back to close for a spot, or into 8th if they bring up Pickard, cause really Berra not the guy now...

Talbot looked particularly bad, Duchy looks quick again, we could really use a replacement for McG...
as for our feeble d core... no idea where to even start. We really did get better goals than Dallas.. but that points to a varly who needs a break.
I would keep Holden as a grit player... wonder if they have thought of making McLoud a dman.. but he is kinda slow too.
Its un nerving watching these guys play so poorly....

So, sell Breire marshmellow to anyone and perhaps try to pick up a dman who is less than 33 years old, can pass, can block a shot and has a team first attitude. Offense not required! lol

On the PLUS side Barrie continues to play well, seems he is learning to play d... Mitchel and Duchene could each use some wingers with tallent, but each seemed to play with intensity.
Landy looked rugged and good., Iggy looked old and tired, Tangs looked good, but slowing in his old age. I saw many times our slow as frozen molasses dmen skating away while our forwards possessed the puck in Dallas end... 3 on 5 is bad hockey. Its really pissing me off too....
not only not in the play but out of the ZONE, that may be a coaching failure there. I do not really think that we could win in the playoffs unless Varly becomes unstoppable.
We just really do not have the talent.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't buy something didn't happen to MacK. Look at the ice time sheet and the game log.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20142015/PL020921.HTM

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20142015/TV020921.HTM

He takes a 2 second shift at 6:37. Iginla was on that Landy-O'Reilly line and they replace him with MacK after a tv timeout and he lasts 2 seconds?

Edit: never mind, talbot was on the faceoff after the tv timeout, whoever was keeping track was blind. I looked at Mack's last shift. He carried the puck in the offensive zone and then got kinda hit/bumped into by two different Stars. Hardly what I'd call making a giant mistake or anything. I wouldn't even say he got hit but could have done something awkward to an existing injury.

It's too abrupt to all of a sudden put him on the pine especially when they are trying to come back. And not use him in the SO when he's been money? Patty loves to win, would he hold out his best SO guy just to prove a point? Especially when he's not that type of coach. Doesn't fit.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
This team boggles my mind. How they mange to play one period every game and still pick up points is so weird. Not only in their ability to do so, but the fact that they keep doing this 60+ games into the season.

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one annoyed by the lack or reporting on MacKinnon. I like Haynes and McNab for the most part, but they have these senial moments where they get players wrong, or don't know the lines. How they managed to go the whole 3rd period pretty much, plus OT and the SO without realizing the franchise star Nathan MacKinnon hasn't played is beyond me. Is anyone working for Altitude paying attention, and feel like getting an update? Then Chambers shows everyone just how little he's paying attention by not asking anything about it either.

He played two shifts in the 3rd period, and nothing happened that looked like a poor defensive play, or injury wise really that I could see. Feels like something might have happened on the bench or something that Roy didn't like, because he didn't really do anything wrong that I saw in his two shifts in the 3rd. Must have been something to keep him on the bench down a goal in the 3rd of what they've been painting as such a big game.

This was his last play. Took a couple little shots, but nothing serious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad