Avalanche Elimination Game 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Arch angel

Nov 24, 2023
Montana
MacKinnon (21)
Drouin (6)
Makar (26) +
Lehky (39)
Landeskog (9) -

Landy back from near-extinction; Makar with bounce back year ( he’s always good but we want ’makar’-good). Drouin has given us a couple discount years- I hope we make it happen for him. Mack - now that he’s ‘won-stuff’; hope he locks in another record year. Lehky- game after game with great effort, hope that shoulder heals quick.

Reactions: missionAvs

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I kind of feel this was an inevitable final five. Landy has the respect of everyone on earth. MacK and Makar will always be obvious fan choices, but I was really happy to see Drouin and Lehky round out the list. Lehky has been deserving forever but we just had so many players with more firepower that his consistency and stellar defensive play can get overlooked. Drouin deserves it for completing changing his game and in my opinion salvaged his entire NHL career along the way. I'd be proud of whoever wins this thing from here on out.

Reactions: The Moops

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
If I had to wager before this game started, I would have bet on these 4 finalists. That said, it was terrific to see the appreciation for Drouin. The guy changed his entire game in order to be of value to the team. He took one discount then took another just to stay here. Oh, yeah, he was also pretty damn good once he figured out the Bednar system. I dare say that his joining the team helped Nate get the Hart and Lindsey.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Not sure I'm a fan of folks playing Landy and Lehky against each other, but I understand it.

I still won't vote, but for the final four my preference this summer would be: Landy > Lehky > MacKinnon > Makar

Yes, I put Landy above them all because he was in no way, shape or form responsible for the last two putrid playoff runs.
Lehky comes next because he's just quiet, defensively STOUT, and just about the best clutch goal scorer you could hope to have getting third wing money playing second and first wing minutes.
MacK, should be higher due to his season, but Landy is unassailable, and Lehky is just overdue for some love IMO.
Makar coming in fourth seems like somebody has been seriously dissed but I really don't look at it that way. Again, I've always viewed this as a favorite player and not a best player competition. (i.e., if we did these when Steve Downie was around, he would've been getting points from everyone for kicking that helmet.)

• Love
Reactions: Murzu

Arch angel

Nov 24, 2023
Montana
Not sure I'm a fan of folks playing Landy and Lehky against each other, but I understand it.

I still won't vote, but for the final four my preference this summer would be: Landy > Lehky > MacKinnon > Makar

Yes, I put Landy above them all because he was in no way, shape or form responsible for the last two putrid playoff runs.
Lehky comes next because he's just quiet, defensively STOUT, and just about the best clutch goal scorer you could hope to have getting third wing money playing second and first wing minutes.
MacK, should be higher due to his season, but Landy is unassailable, and Lehky is just overdue for some love IMO.
Makar coming in fourth seems like somebody has been seriously dissed but I really don't look at it that way. Again, I've always viewed this as a favorite player and not a best player competition. (i.e., if we did these when Steve Downie was around, he would've been getting points from everyone for kicking that helmet.)
Yeah - I liked the final 5 and this final 4 as well. Might just leave it as-is. Hope they all heal up and make another deep run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad