Avalanche Core vs Hurricanes Core

Which Core?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I don't think anyone would be surprised to see the "natural disasters" stanley cup finals. Who would win in a fight between an Avalanche and Hurricane anyways?

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Carolina’s got a nice core going forward but Mackinnon is the best of the bunch and I don’t see a Carolina player that comes even close to his level of play

I`d say Aho might come close actually. Getting better all the time. 4yrs in NHL and regular season 121g and 263p with +38. MacKinnon in his first 4yrs had 75g and 206p with -5.
So how come Aho "cant even come close", when he has been clearly better than MacKinnon his 4 first years?

Admiral Awesome

Jun 8, 2015
Seems COL relies too much on Mackinnon for scoring to call him by himself a 'core' - he's got over a hundred more shots than Aho and a few more minutes of TOI/G so his higher point totals aren't a surprise. You have to go to #68 in points to find the next COL player, but CAR has Teuvo and Svech in the Top 35 as well. Add in a still young Dougie Hamilton, Martin Necas, Hayden Fleury, Jaccob Slavin, Brett Pesce, and you have a really solid core.
Much of that has to do with Rantanen, Landeskog, Makar, Kadri, and Burakovsky all missing double digit games. On a per game basis, Rantanen was more productive than anyone on Carolina’s roster.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Little bit of a :

hqdefault.jpg

But I guess I can rationalize it given the depth of the Canes core.

Aho, Svech, Turbo, Necas
Slavin, Dougie, Pesce

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Seems COL relies too much on Mackinnon for scoring to call him by himself a 'core' - he's got over a hundred more shots than Aho and a few more minutes of TOI/G so his higher point totals aren't a surprise. You have to go to #68 in points to find the next COL player, but CAR has Teuvo and Svech in the Top 35 as well. Add in a still young Dougie Hamilton, Martin Necas, Hayden Fleury, Jaccob Slavin, Brett Pesce, and you have a really solid core.

Good lord. Mack had almost 30 more points in a shortened season. And I thought it had been hammered to death that all the Avs best forwards not named MacKinnon missed at least ten games this year, so of course they aren’t high up on the scoring lists. Rantanen was on the same pace as Aho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad