Friedman: Avalanche are looking at Blackwood and Gibson

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Possibly. Gibson has put up 900 SP for about 5 seasons now. Is that the team? Is that just him regressing?
Are we just supposed to assume he will play better?

Either way. You’re comparing a 1M backup to a 3.2M backup. How much better does Gibson need to be AT MINIMUM just to make the difference in cap worth it?
You would want to look at goalies making around 3 mill and see what you get from them.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
You would want to look at goalies making around 3 mill and see what you get from them.
Wait? Why can I o my compare 3M goalies?

Why shouldn’t I be comparing it to all goalies, including the ones making under 3M?

Shouldn’t I being looking at quality of play vs salary? You seemingly are implying that the avs are required to choose from the 3+M backups only.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Wait? Why can I o my compare 3M goalies?

Why shouldn’t I be comparing it to all goalies, including the ones making under 3M?

Shouldn’t I being looking at quality of play vs salary? You seemingly are implying that the avs are required to choose from the 3+M backups only.
Sorry you can compare him to anyone. Total salary is of course a component when determining value. I just meant generally in terms of value of actual goalie skill if you're looking at Gibby at 3.2 mil you'd want to compare to other goalies you can get for that. Basic premise being that you get a better goalie for 3 mill than you would for 1 mil. If you think you can kind a 1 mill goalie to be your starter then there is no point to the conversation continuing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad