OT - NO POLITICS Autumn edition- foliage, cider doughnuts & pumpkin everything.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Friends of mine just bought a 2025 Hyundai Santa Fe hybrid. I'm not generally a fan of Hyundais but this thing is loaded. If someone parks too close to you, you can push a button and it will pull forward or back up enough for you to be able to open the door. First time I've seen a "self drive" car function in person. It was cool and freaky at the same time. I asked if they named it KITT. :laugh:

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The house fire close to us is believed to have started when a lawnmower ignited something in their shed. They had just cut the grass and put it away in the shed, then went out. The shed was close to the house and spread to the house and vehicles. The house is the last one on a dead end, set back from the road so it probably got a good hold before anyone noticed. They lost everything but no animals were inside, thank goodness.

We are a close knit community, the village will come through big time for them.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The house fire close to us is believed to have started when a lawnmower ignited something in their shed. They had just cut the grass and put it away in the shed, then went out. The shed was close to the house and spread to the house and vehicles. The house is the last one on a dead end, set back from the road so it probably got a good hold before anyone noticed. They lost everything but no animals were inside, thank goodness.

I am happy to know that no pets were in the house!

Reactions: JAD and caz16

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Hattie doesn't know what to make of all these boxes in the house lol

The least she could do is pack her own bags, but no, she just snoozes on her comfy blanket on her comfy recliner. Jerk. :laugh:

20241026_133743.jpg

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Brushfire smell is crazy bad.

I don’t think it’s ever going to rain again

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
We are having our kitchen cabinets replaced and went with a local Mennonite craftsman. They make gorgeous cabinets. They are here....now our house is filled with religious music, singing, humming and whistling. Their work ethic is so good and they are very talented, I guess this is the price I pay...
Lol

I should put some heavy metal on and dress up in my old Kiss outfit.

NeelyDan

Owned by Alicat, Ladyfan and caz16
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
We are having our kitchen cabinets replaced and went with a local Mennonite craftsman. They make gorgeous cabinets. They are here....now our house is filled with religious music, singing, humming and whistling. Their work ethic is so good and they are very talented, I guess this is the price I pay...
Lol

I should put some heavy metal on and dress up in my old Kiss outfit.
Yes please

Yes please
Also - I have several Mennonite pieces myself and not surprisingly they’re all bulletproof

Reactions: caz16

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
GET READY FOR MORE VOTE BEGGING BECAUSE BABY KENNETH MADE IT TO THE QUARTER FINALS!!!! :cheer::pcheer::cheers:

Voting resumes on Monday, so be ready!!!

Kenny in his Halloween costume. Had to find something that fit over his helmet. He’s a TRex. 😁

1730124021269.png

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

I've seen this happen many times. Never, ever put hot machinery inside an enclosed area. Lawnmower, snowblower etc should be allowed to cool down for at least 20 minutes (half hour or more is better) before putting them away.

Props to you & your neighbors for helping these folks. I've always said there are more good people in this world than bad, it's just that the bad ones get all the attention.

Reactions: Alicat and caz16

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I've seen this happen many times. Never, ever put hot machinery inside an enclosed area. Lawnmower, snowblower etc should be allowed to cool down for at least 20 minutes (half hour or more is better) before putting them away.

Props to you & your neighbors for helping these folks. I've always said there are more good people in this world than bad, it's just that the bad ones get all the attention.
Now I'm getting nervous about my new (to me) duplex with the enclosed garage with wood paneling and a gas water heater. Maybe I should not back the car in like I want to lol

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The heat went on this morning. Just in 1 zone out of 3. A certain somebody could not tolerate the pain in her hands while trying to work, so the heat went on up to a blistering 63.

My dungeon office remains whatever nature intended. It’s only 60 down here at the moment and that is more than tolerable for me

Edit: 62 in the dungeon! I may have to remove a layer

• Haha
Reactions: BMC

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

I make a point to store the batteries for the lawnmower and weed whacker separate from the machine itself. Not just for improved battery life but the garage isn't really insulated and I've heard that in fluctuating temperatures lithium batteries can warp or even blow up.

Reactions: TD Charlie

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It's time to help GeeWally's great-nephew once again! Please vote daily and get Kenneth through to the next round. This is the quarterfinals and lots of work needs to be done. PLEASE VOTE FOR HIM!!
Thank you!!! You will be hearing from me lots, reminding you to vote. GOOD LUCK KENNETH!

Who will be the 2024 Baby of the Year?

Reactions: Gee Wally

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I make a point to store the batteries for the lawnmower and weed whacker separate from the machine itself. Not just for improved battery life but the garage isn't really insulated and I've heard that in fluctuating temperatures lithium batteries can warp or even blow up.

Lithium batteries are definitely a fire hazard, what you're doing is a good idea. :nod:

BB79

Partially deceased
Apr 30, 2011
Yeah I’d like to think rates will ease next year. Something’s gotta give here. Shit inventory. Crazy high home values. Crazy high taxes and insurance.

The interest rates are all a f***in scam lol i swear it’s a made up number. Some rich assholes wake up each day and say “how bad do we wanna f*** with them today?” And then laugh at us
They probably learned from the healthcare industry. I'll give you $160 for a couple of asprin that cost a penny to make. Probably to cover the cost of the millions of non-citizens using the ED like a PCP and don't pay for anything. Still recall when they reevaluated every waterfront area around the country after Katrina in 2005 to jack up everyone else's insurance rates to cover the payouts to Katrina victims...insurance companies should be charged with insurance fraud. It's all they do.

Reactions: McGarnagle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad