OT - NO POLITICS Autumn edition- foliage, cider doughnuts & pumpkin everything.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
GET READY FOR MORE VOTE BEGGING BECAUSE BABY KENNETH MADE IT TO THE QUARTER FINALS!!!! :cheer::pcheer::cheers:

Voting resumes on Monday, so be ready!!!

I cant thank you enough. To top it off my nephew, his dad, got laid off yesterday. 😟

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Makes sense. I had an increase because hybrids are generally more $ to repair, and the dreaded Kia theft. Even though my particular model has nothing to do with the easy to steal Kia/Hyundai thing, they still lumped it in. They of course I moved to a city.

I was pretty much only covered for damage/injury to others on my previous car because it was old and didn’t owe me a penny. When i bumped up some coverages on my current car it was just a perfect storm of the things mentioned above. I went from roughly $500 a year to over a grand. I still think my premium is reasonable, but any costs going up more than 100 percent is never easy
Where you live can make a BIG price difference

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I was surprised when my car insurance didn't go up much at all when I went from a 13 year old car to a new one. My insurance agent said it was because my new car was rated very high for safety

I've seen it work both ways, one client bought a vehicle with a ton of the latest safety technology and his premium blew up. Reason? The technology is so complex it is difficult to repair or replace after an accident.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I've seen it work both ways, one client bought a vehicle with a ton of the latest safety technology and his premium blew up. Reason? The technology is so complex it is difficult to repair or replace after an accident.
I was surprised how cheap it was. I was expecting it to be higher and called my agent because I thought it was a mistake.

I love my new car and like going for drives (especially this time of year). The lower price of gas helps too.

Reactions: BMC

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I cant thank you enough. To top it off my nephew, his dad, got laid off yesterday. 😟
You are more than welcome! I am sorry to hear about your nephew getting laid off. I hope everyone here will pitch in to vote when the quarterfinals start on Monday. Even more incentive now!

• Love
Reactions: Gee Wally

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I miss 12 month insurance plans. This 6 month shit is for the birds. I am seriously considering moving back to either Amica or Allstate. Farmers is absurd

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I miss 12 month insurance plans. This 6 month shit is for the birds. I am seriously considering moving back to either Amica or Allstate. Farmers is absurd

The reason so many companies have gone to 6 month auto policies is they now get to underwrite the risk every six months instead of once a year. That way if there have been any claims, driving violations etc. they can adjust the premium sooner rather than later.

:teach:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The reason so many companies have gone to 6 month auto policies is they now get to underwrite the risk every six months instead of once a year. That way if there have been any claims, driving violations etc. they can adjust the premium sooner rather than later.

:teach:
Kind of like how it's rare to find an apartment that will offer a lease longer than 12 months. My place used to offer 15 months and I always took it because that was 3 more months they couldn't jack up the price. No mas.

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Kind of like how it's rare to find an apartment that will offer a lease longer than 12 months. My place used to offer 15 months and I always took it because that was 3 more months they couldn't jack up the price. No mas.
If I am offered more than 12 months of a lease after I have lived in a place, I will take it. At my last place I would save up to an extra $50 a month by going longer than 12 months. At the prices I had to pay, that $50 went to laundry since I didn't have my own. I gotta say, I am loving my washer, dryer and dishwasher :)

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
That sucks, sorry to hear it.

I've only lost a job once, and it is not a good feeling. In college, was working in a restaurant, and the owner was a freak. He prohibited anyone who worked there from working in another restaurant because he thought we would steal his recipes. I was working in a bar that didn't serve food and he saw me, and had the chef fire me (the chef and I were friends). It was completely ridiculous but I still felt lousy. I don't wish job loss on anyone. (Well, almost anyone).

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
If I am offered more than 12 months of a lease after I have lived in a place, I will take it. At my last place I would save up to an extra $50 a month by going longer than 12 months. At the prices I had to pay, that $50 went to laundry since I didn't have my own. I gotta say, I am loving my washer, dryer and dishwasher :)
One week from today I can start moving into my new place.

The feature I am most looking forward to is the garage. No more digging out the car from snow and ice, or getting into a scorching hot or freezing cold car.

This will be the first place I've lived in my own that has a garage. I had covered parking at my apartment in Tampa, which is better than nothing, but give me the garage any day.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

The feature I am most looking forward to is the garage. No more digging out the car from snow and ice, or getting into a scorching hot or freezing cold car.

This will be the first place I've lived in my own that has a garage. I had covered parking at my apartment in Tampa, which is better than nothing, but give me the garage any day.
I do wish our garage was fully enclosed but it is so much better than random parking at my last place. If it is bad weather or too hot, I park under cover but if it is nice out, I park on the roof. I will probably park under cover or in my mom's garage if it goes below zero, which is pretty rare.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Just got this picture on my game cam......looks like orange fur.. Sasquatch???

Game cam is 5 ft up
860322066917318-70-4-10252024154458-W1000242.JPG

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

I love having a garage!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad