OT - NO POLITICS Autumn edition- foliage, cider doughnuts & pumpkin everything.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I tested last night using the lady’s office gear. The cat 5 inputs to her main monitor, which then connects to another monitor via DisplayPort cable and what looks like a usb to optical cable. The main monitor with the Ethernet cable in it also sends/receives with a laptop via usb-c.

Dual monitors work. Laptop has wired internet. Success!

My cat5 doesn’t reach my monitor but i will just buy or make up my own extension
Yahoo!!! So glad you were able to get it to work!!

This is my set up.

The input to the switch goes into the host via USB-A to USB-C. I then run two USB-A to USB-C into each of my laptops (work/personal). I just press the button to toggle between the two laptops and it is a fairly smooth transition (it takes about 3 seconds to switch over.)

Ideally both laptops would be verticle on the bottom shelf of my desk but during the week my work laptop stays on my desk and then is stored back in the verticle dock for the weekend.

Plugged into the dock via USB 3.0 are my printer, wireless keyboard/mouse fob, speakers, external drive and desktop charger. I connect my monitor via HDMI slot 1. If I ever set up a second monitor, it will just go into the second HDMI slot.

full

NeelyDan

Owned by Alicat, Ladyfan and caz16
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Yahoo!!! So glad you were able to get it to work!!

This is my set up.

The input to the switch goes into the host via USB-A to USB-C. I then run two USB-A to USB-C into each of my laptops (work/personal). I just press the button to toggle between the two laptops and it is a fairly smooth transition (it takes about 3 seconds to switch over.)

Ideally both laptops would be verticle on the bottom shelf of my desk but during the week my work laptop stays on my desk and then is stored back in the verticle dock for the weekend.

Plugged into the dock via USB 3.0 are my printer, wireless keyboard/mouse fob, speakers, external drive and desktop charger. I connect my monitor via HDMI slot 1. If I ever set up a second monitor, it will just go into the second HDMI slot.

full
Ali if I were building my ultimate partner, she’d have your organizational skills hands down

So hawt

Also, as evidenced from my above post, I am enjoying a buzzy evening - ps what’s more rad my Erin t shirt or my 18 year old scotch

Oh man I bet Leo diCaprio won’t drink whiskey older than 18 years
IMG_7498.jpeg

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
When I first moved to Florida in the fall of 2002 I got my real estate license and worked real estate form April 2003 ito June of 2009. For the most part very successfully. But, I had to get out the business because of the banking crisis; even though I had over 20 listing at the time and buyers wanting to buy the banks wouldn't lend money. I went about 18 months with little to no money coming in. I had a young family at the time and responsibilities that go along with that so I had to find a different source of income to provide.

So, I've worked for various companies over the last 15 years and managed to make ends meet. This past September I finally got feed up with the deceitfulness, manipulative nature, and double standards of discrimination in the work place experienced within most of my working environments including my most recent employer that frustrated my no end so I reigned.

Well, today I am one step closer to being self employed (independent contractor status). I once again passed the Florida state real estate licensing exam. So I am now officially again a licensed real estate sales associate. The next step is figuring out which real estate office/company I want to work with. My old office has already said they wanted me back, but I have to do my due diligence to see where the best fit is for me.

For those who are contemplating relocating or purchasing property in Florida, keep me in mind, I would be honored to help you out.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Anybody else still do the daily Wordle? I do it every day just as a kind of brain exercise. I also started doing the Collections game on the same site, where you have to make four groups of four words. It's harder than I thought it would be. Feels kind of like an SAT test lol.

I also play Blossoms on the Merriam Webster website.

My brain needs all the exercise it can get these days :help:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
When I first moved to Florida in the fall of 2002 I got my real estate license and worked real estate form April 2003 ito June of 2009. For the most part very successfully. But, I had to get out the business because of the banking crisis; even though I had over 20 listing at the time and buyers wanting to buy the banks wouldn't lend money. I went about 18 months with little to no money coming in. I had a young family at the time and responsibilities that go along with that so I had to find a different source of income to provide.

So, I've worked for various companies over the last 15 years and managed to make ends meet. This past September I finally got feed up with the deceitfulness, manipulative nature, and double standards of discrimination in the work place experienced within most of my working environments including my most recent employer that frustrated my no end so I reigned.

Well, today I am one step closer to being self employed (independent contractor status). I once again passed the Florida state real estate licensing exam. So I am now officially again a licensed real estate sales associate. The next step is figuring out which real estate office/company I want to work with. My old office has already said they wanted me back, but I have to do my due diligence to see where the best fit is for me.

For those who are contemplating relocating or purchasing property in Florida, keep me in mind, I would be honored to help you out.
Good Luck ! I will not be moving to Florida though.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
You hope rates will fall in the next year or so.
I thought they’d continue to inch lower and lower this quarter and I was so wrong lol

Kills me that on my two family rental the rate AND the purchase price are HALF of what this house will be

• Wow
Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I thought they’d continue to inch lower and lower this quarter and I was so wrong lol

Kills me that on my two family rental the rate AND the purchase price are HALF of what this house will be

Wow that's horrible. Thank God I won't be buying any more property and if things go well we're going to start paying down the mortgage on the building next year.

• Love
Reactions: TD Charlie

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
We didn’t in this case. Break even was deep, and it’s extremely likely we refinance as rates fall in the next year or so.
That's the long-term play. My daughter is getting serious about buying a place. I am encouraging her to jump in now with the idea that she can refinance in a year or so is relatively comforting.

Anybody else still do the daily Wordle? I do it every day just as a kind of brain exercise. I also started doing the Collections game on the same site, where you have to make four groups of four words. It's harder than I thought it would be. Feels kind of like an SAT test lol.

I also play Blossoms on the Merriam Webster website.

My brain needs all the exercise it can get these days :help:
I've always done Wordle. Gordle just ended, that was a bummer. My daughter got me into Connections and Strands as well. Great way to kill time on a boring conference call. :D

You'll get the hang of Connections soon enough, although some of them still go right over my head.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
That's the long-term play. My daughter is getting serious about buying a place. I am encouraging her to jump in now with the idea that she can refinance in a year or so is relatively comforting.

I've always done Wordle. Gordle just ended, that was a bummer. My daughter got me into Connections and Strands as well. Great way to kill time on a boring conference call. :D

You'll get the hang of Connections soon enough, although some of them still go right over my head.
Yeah I’d like to think rates will ease next year. Something’s gotta give here. Shit inventory. Crazy high home values. Crazy high taxes and insurance.

The interest rates are all a f***in scam lol i swear it’s a made up number. Some rich assholes wake up each day and say “how bad do we wanna f*** with them today?” And then laugh at us

Reactions: Ludwig Fell Down

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

They like to trick you because you'll see two that you think go together but really don't

The other day they had the first three letters of Google, Apple, Android or something and I'm like, how am I supposed to figure out it's only part of a word. Lol

Reactions: Ludwig Fell Down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad