OT - NO POLITICS Autumn edition- foliage, cider doughnuts & pumpkin everything.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I tested last night using the lady’s office gear. The cat 5 inputs to her main monitor, which then connects to another monitor via DisplayPort cable and what looks like a usb to optical cable. The main monitor with the Ethernet cable in it also sends/receives with a laptop via usb-c.

Dual monitors work. Laptop has wired internet. Success!

My cat5 doesn’t reach my monitor but i will just buy or make up my own extension
Yahoo!!! So glad you were able to get it to work!!

This is my set up.

The input to the switch goes into the host via USB-A to USB-C. I then run two USB-A to USB-C into each of my laptops (work/personal). I just press the button to toggle between the two laptops and it is a fairly smooth transition (it takes about 3 seconds to switch over.)

Ideally both laptops would be verticle on the bottom shelf of my desk but during the week my work laptop stays on my desk and then is stored back in the verticle dock for the weekend.

Plugged into the dock via USB 3.0 are my printer, wireless keyboard/mouse fob, speakers, external drive and desktop charger. I connect my monitor via HDMI slot 1. If I ever set up a second monitor, it will just go into the second HDMI slot.

full

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: NeelyDan and BMC

NeelyDan

Owned by Alicat, Ladyfan and caz16
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Yahoo!!! So glad you were able to get it to work!!

This is my set up.

The input to the switch goes into the host via USB-A to USB-C. I then run two USB-A to USB-C into each of my laptops (work/personal). I just press the button to toggle between the two laptops and it is a fairly smooth transition (it takes about 3 seconds to switch over.)

Ideally both laptops would be verticle on the bottom shelf of my desk but during the week my work laptop stays on my desk and then is stored back in the verticle dock for the weekend.

Plugged into the dock via USB 3.0 are my printer, wireless keyboard/mouse fob, speakers, external drive and desktop charger. I connect my monitor via HDMI slot 1. If I ever set up a second monitor, it will just go into the second HDMI slot.

full
Ali if I were building my ultimate partner, she’d have your organizational skills hands down

So hawt

Also, as evidenced from my above post, I am enjoying a buzzy evening - ps what’s more rad my Erin t shirt or my 18 year old scotch

Oh man I bet Leo diCaprio won’t drink whiskey older than 18 years
IMG_7498.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad