OT - NO POLITICS Autumn edition- foliage, cider doughnuts & pumpkin everything.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Hot conversation topic in my orbit.

If you could replace the 5 fingers on one hand with mini condiment guns, knowing you could only use those condiments for the rest of your life, what do you choose?

Condiment is open to interpretation. Answers have included Hershey syrup, salsa, tzatziki, gravy, and salt.

Ketchup
Catalina dressing
My homemade mint sauce
Hickory Smoke BBQ sauce
Miracle Whip

Reactions: Alicat

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
This Fall is incredibly beautiful - the leaves are still in full colour because we haven't had any rain or strong winds to speak of. It makes me feel like this when I walk on the trails because the leaves are just slowly raining down with the slightest breeze.

1729596708759.jpeg

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
A Cybertruck is parked in a driveway a half a block from my building. It looks like something out of "Tron" or "Damnation Alley".
I've seen them driving around recently. It's always ridiculous looking. But they're good for the environment compared to traditional trucks and SUVs so I'm all for it.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Nerd shit

I was forced into taking a new laptop and monitors for work. The laptop does not have an Ethernet port. I do not want to use the wifi. My monitor has an Ethernet port

If i connect the monitor via the cat 6 in the wall, can i then send signal to my laptop via hdmi/data port/usb c? If so, which is best?

My backup plan is to get some sort of adapter to bring Ethernet into my laptop

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Nerd shit

I was forced into taking a new laptop and monitors for work. The laptop does not have an Ethernet port. I do not want to use the wifi. My monitor has an Ethernet port

If i connect the monitor via the cat 6 in the wall, can i then send signal to my laptop via hdmi/data port/usb c? If so, which is best?

My backup plan is to get some sort of adapter to bring Ethernet into my laptop
I believe you can per this I found via google.

I have a dock and a splitter from plugable (from Amazon) that I run my 2 laptops, peripherals and monitor through but I have to use WiFi because of where my hookup is,

I have a bunch of adapters from UGreen. Highly recommend them if you need any adapters/cords. I buy through Amazon.

NeelyDan

Owned by Alicat, Ladyfan and caz16
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario

I have a dock and a splitter from plugable (from Amazon) that I run my 2 laptops, peripherals and monitor through but I have to use WiFi because of where my hookup is,

I have a bunch of adapters from UGreen. Highly recommend them if you need any adapters/cords. I buy through Amazon.
I use the ugreen kvm switch and agree they’re decent

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I was updating my external hard drive before it goes back in the safe and had the realization that none of my files are organized properly with the exception of the GDT and tax folders. Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend. Anyone else have this issue? ADHD brain is legit.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I love the Fall and connecting with nature. The Nuthatches were very friendly today. Our backyard looks so nice with the leaves coming down and there are still bees on the flowers. It is so important to plant native species that can support the bees into the Fall. Our Blanket Flowers feeding bees and butterflies right now.
1729711658570.jpeg

1729711648264.jpeg

1729711675054.jpeg
1729711686714.jpeg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I love the Fall and connecting with nature. The Nuthatches were very friendly today. Our backyard looks so nice with the leaves coming down and there are still bees on the flowers. It is so important to plant native species that can support the bees into the Fall. Our Blanket Flowers feeding bees and butterflies right now.
View attachment 920597
View attachment 920596
View attachment 920598View attachment 920599
I miss fall. It is 88 here. Supposed to be 92 tomorrow

Reactions: caz16

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

I tested last night using the lady’s office gear. The cat 5 inputs to her main monitor, which then connects to another monitor via DisplayPort cable and what looks like a usb to optical cable. The main monitor with the Ethernet cable in it also sends/receives with a laptop via usb-c.

Dual monitors work. Laptop has wired internet. Success!

My cat5 doesn’t reach my monitor but i will just buy or make up my own extension

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad