OT - NO POLITICS Autumn edition- foliage, cider doughnuts & pumpkin everything.

NeelyDan

Owned by Alicat, Ladyfan and caz16
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I miss having a work cell. It’s so much easier to separate, especially when you’re on vacation.
Man, not me. For 15 of the 25 years I’ve been at it, I can’t even imagine how many personal hours I sacrificed.

Not any more - those hours now go to my son.

With what? I like my job. Have come in early on on days off but we have been understaffed since the hurricane and they pushed the opening since the main restaurant is closed.

Idk whats so LOL about my post

Some of you are real dweebs
You just have a very consistent arc my guy

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Man, not me. For 15 of the 25 years I’ve been at it, I can’t even imagine how many personal hours I sacrificed.

Not any more - those hours now go to my son.

You just have a very consistent arc my guy

Oh, I agree. I suck at balance. However, being able to put my work phone in a drawer at night, on weekends, and on vacation and only check it when it’s convenient and on MY time is so better than being constantly connected via my personal cell.

Different strokes and all that, but a separate work phone makes it much easier for me to protect my personal time.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
With what? I like my job. Have come in early on on days off but we have been understaffed since the hurricane and they pushed the opening since the main restaurant is closed.

Idk whats so LOL about my post

Some of you are real dweebs

Because you do this with every job. Every single one it's the exact same routine with you:

Stage 1) These people love me they can't believe how good I am! This place is great!
Stage 2) I have a bunch of complaints but I am not the problem in anyway.
Stage 3) I got let go/quit and it's because this place is so poorly run.

I promise you EVERY PERSON ON THIS FORUM will tell you the exact same thing. It's literally the exact same story every time with you, but you never seem to realize the only constant at every job is you.

You're going to read this as me criticizing you, but I actually think you need help and maybe some people pointing this out to you can do that. As Dan said, it's the exact same arc over and over again and it never changes.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED GIRL DAD
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Because you do this with every job. Every single one it's the exact same routine with you:

Stage 1) These people love me they can't believe how good I am! This place is great!

I promise you EVERY PERSON ON THIS FORUM will tell you the exact same thing. It's literally the exact same story every time with you, but you never seem to realize the only constant at every job is you.

You're going to read this as me criticizing you, but I actually think you need help and maybe some people pointing this out to you can do that. As Dan said, it's the exact same arc over and over again and it never changes.

Reading comprehension skills are lacking here. Can anyone here show me where I said I was having problems at my job or I am a problem?

I said someone walked out yesterday. I said I am injured today and called in. I mentioned the place has been miss-managed and understaffed since we opened.

Again I never mentioned I was a problem or I have a problem.

I like working 6 days 60 hours and am looking forward to a future with this company.

So again where did I mention me being a problem?

Hilarious all you been friendly for years and know each other none of u actually know me and dont let some posts on here fool u lmao

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

You're going to read this as me criticizing you, but I actually think you need help and maybe some people pointing this out to you can do that. Ad Dan said, it's the exact same arc over and over again and it never changes.

100% accurate

I can guarantee you that calling in, regardless of how many hours you’ve worked since Milton, makes you seem unreliable. Did you talk to your supervisor and explain what was going on? Are you expecting to be able to return to work for your next shift (which would be impressive if you can’t put weight on your foot as of today). They may have been able to make an accommodation for you , even if you weren’t at 100%.

If you really want to start your own life, move away from your parents and Florida, and hope to have a relationship/provide for “your girls”, the job hopping has got to stop.

Have you considered trying to get into management since most of your complaints stem from how places are run? Would be good for you/interesting to actually see what goes into running a restaurant. If it sucks so bad, work to make it better.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Reading comprehension skills are lacking here. Can anyone here show me where I said I was having problems at my job or I am a problem?

I said someone walked out yesterday. I said I am injured today and called in. I mentioned the place has been miss-managed and understaffed since we opened.

I like working 6 days 60 hours and am looking forward to a future with this company.

Hilarious all you been friendly for years and know each other none of u actually know me and dont let some posts on here fool u lmao

You complaining about your new job is always Stage 2 of this process, only it usually doesn't happen for at least a few more weeks.

Again, I promise literally everyone who has been on this forum for years agrees with me.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Everything I know about classical music I learned from a cartoon rabbit

.. and Opera

051916bugs2_640x360.jpg

• Love
Reactions: BMC

NeelyDan

Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario

No one is coming at you man

We all got our things

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

Eloquently stated and 100% spot on.

At this point, you need to stop playing the blame game. It is f***ing annoying and unprofessional. Start doing some self reflection. Why are things suddenly going south? Just because you work a certain amount of hours or come in early or on your days off doesn't make you a good employee.

IMO, it makes you look desperate and that you think this job is some sort of competition. Working in food service takes team work but you're going to fall out of favor quickly if you are constantly trying to one up other team members.

YOU are the problem and until you are willing to take the criticism and put in the work to change, you are going to be stuck with your parents in Florida hopping from job to job for a very long time.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Most only know each other from this board. Some of us have met at Bs games after getting to know each other on the HF.

We came here to talk about the Bruins/ hockey. You don't do much of that

Some discuss their personal lives but ALSO offer advice and ideas for others. All you do is talk about your problems and NEVER offer anything to others. You post about all of your issues and they repeat over and over.

I believe folks are trying to offer you advice to try and help you. A couple here are HR people and know their stuff.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Most only know each other from this board. Some of us have met at Bs games after getting to know each other on the HF.

We came here to talk about the Bruins/ hockey. You don't do much of that

Some discuss their personal lives but ALSO offer advice and ideas for others. All you do is talk about your problems and NEVER offer anything to others. You post about all of your issues and they repeat over and over.

I believe folks are trying to offer you advice to try and help you. A couple here are HR people and know their stuff.

Speaking for myself, I’m truly trying to offer advice. I’ve been in HR for 18 years and am currently the COO for an organization that has a large, multi-site hospitality program that is under my purview.

Hospitality is tough. Good, reliable employees that work hard and care about the restaurant and their colleagues are worth their weight in gold. It is very easy to move up in hospitality with some hard work and effort.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Speaking for myself, I’m truly trying to offer advice. I’ve been in HR for 18 years and am currently the COO for an organization that has a large, multi-site hospitality program that is under my purview.

Hospitality is tough. Good, reliable employees that work hard and care about the restaurant and their colleagues are worth their weight in gold. It is very easy to move up in hospitality with some hard work and effort.
The advice you give should be taken. When it comes to work advice, you are one of the best and I'm dead serious about that.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Hot conversation topic in my orbit.

If you could replace the 5 fingers on one hand with mini condiment guns, knowing you could only use those condiments for the rest of your life, what do you choose?

Condiment is open to interpretation. Answers have included Hershey syrup, salsa, tzatziki, gravy, and salt.

NeelyDan

Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario

If you could replace the 5 fingers on one hand with mini condiment guns, knowing you could only use those condiments for the rest of your life, what do you choose?

Condiment is open to interpretation. Answers have included Hershey syrup, salsa, tzatziki, gravy, and salt.
So there’s no implieds either - aka if you want to ever taste salt again salt must be included yes?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

Ketchup, balsamic glaze, my dad’s caesar salad dressing, Ken’s Light Italian dressing and Sweet Baby Ray’s Hawaiian BBQ sauce

Reactions: Kate08

NeelyDan

Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
From an amateur cook’s perspective:

1. A high quality olive oil
2. Half and half cream
3. Grainy mustard
4. White wine (don’t blame me for thinking outta the box and picking a condiment that also serves as a balm for troublesome career updates)
5. Ketchup

• Love
Reactions: Alicat

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
From an amateur cook’s perspective:

1. A high quality olive oil
2. Half and half cream
3. Grainy mustard
4. White wine (don’t blame me for thinking outta the box and picking a condiment that also serves as a balm for troublesome career updates)
5. Ketchup
You had me until Ketchup

• Haha
Reactions: NeelyDan

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston

Newbridge Cafe salad dressing
Nance’s Sharp and Creamy mustard
Ted’s Hot Chili Sauce
Coarse sea salt
Bachan’s original Japanese BBQ sauce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad