OT - NO POLITICS Autumn edition- foliage, cider doughnuts & pumpkin everything.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Done

1729267911604.jpeg

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It seems we may need some questions for fun. Halloween is fast approaching, so that's the theme.

1) What is the best Halloween costume you ever wore, as a kid or as an adult?

2) Name your favourite Halloween candy and one that you hate.

3) Do you get kids on trick or treat night, how many, what do you give out if you do?

4) Have you ever played tricks on the kids that come?

5) Do you carve a pumpkin, if so, how elaborate? There is nothing so spooky as a lit pumpkin, flickering, on Halloween night!
1) I dressed as Cleopatra one year, I enjoyed it.

2) I love the mini Snickers or Wunderbars, hate the Halloween candy kisses - I think they are Canadian only and are the grossest thing ever.

3) We get anywhere from 6 to 20 depending on the year. We are in a small town and a lot of kids don't come up the hill to the houses at this end.

4) No

5) I used to when the kids were little, made me want to gag but I sucked it up. I only did the triangle eyes, nose, etc., but to me that style is the best. I always think of the movie Halloween. I don't bother now, I just enjoy everyone else's.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Supposedly my ballot was mailed to me on 10/10. I have yet to receive it. I did ask that it be mailed to a different address but it’s 40 miles away it’s not half way around the world.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
58 degrees inside. Did not sleep well. Stomach is rebelling against the rest of my body.

Yet somehow i have to power through and meet a friend at the paintball fields for 9. My body is very much not ready

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
It has to be the change in weather here because my left leg is throbbing. I can feel all 3 injuries I’ve had over the years. I guess it’s time to pop an 800mg Motrin and put lidocaine patches on.

Anyone else’s joints killing them?

Reactions: MustardStew

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Supposedly my ballot was mailed to me on 10/10. I have yet to receive it. I did ask that it be mailed to a different address but it’s 40 miles away it’s not half way around the world.

Unfortunately the USPS doesn't know that :sarcasm:

They're so unreliable now it isn't funny. :(

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
It has to be the change in weather here because my left leg is throbbing. I can feel all 3 injuries I’ve had over the years. I guess it’s time to pop an 800mg Motrin and put lidocaine patches on.

*Raises hand*

My sister and I think we've developed allergies to the fall. I've always gotten them in the spring when the leaves come out but now I have the same symptoms in the fall as they come off the trees plus aching joints, as does she. Weird.

If the alternative wasn't worse growing older would really, really suck. :nod:

• Haha
Reactions: Alicat

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Yes, but that is every day for me!

When you're a parent you sure do go to a f***ing lot of farms.
Does he love the animals?

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I am a strong believer in meditation. For those with a lot of pain, if you haven't tried some of the guided meditations for chronic pain, I highly recommend it. Not only is it relaxing but it helps build new pathways in the brain. It helps to manage pain, at least for me it does and I do them daily. There are so many out there - if you would like to try, give The Mindful Movement on Youtube a shot. They have many meditations.

• Love
Reactions: sooshii and Alicat

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Four friends came over and packed up the kitchen for me today, plus we deconstructed the day bed in the spare bedroom and staged most of the boxes in that room.

Next weekend I'll finish up with my master bedroom and the closet and the weekend after that is the move.

This is so exhausting. Thank God for very good friends.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
*Raises hand*

My sister and I think we've developed allergies to the fall. I've always gotten them in the spring when the leaves come out but now I have the same symptoms in the fall as they come off the trees plus aching joints, as does she. Weird.

If the alternative wasn't worse growing older would really, really suck. :nod:
I have year round allergies so I’m used to the stuffy noses and itchy, watery eyes. They can really put you on your ass tho. Immunotherapy has done wonders for me.

I was fine yesterday and last night so I definitely think it is weather related as we are headed back into the mid 80’s this week after a few days in the 60’s/70’s.

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Four friends came over and packed up the kitchen for me today, plus we deconstructed the day bed in the spare bedroom and staged most of the boxes in that room.

Next weekend I'll finish up with my master bedroom and the closet and the weekend after that is the move.

This is so exhausting. Thank God for very good friends.
Sending all the good vibes your way. Having help packing (and unpacking) makes everything go faster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad