OT - NO POLITICS Autumn edition- foliage, cider doughnuts & pumpkin everything.

BB79

Partially deceased
Apr 30, 2011
I remember when the successful completion of a kid's potty training wasn't public knowledge either, but thanks to social media now that's all over the place too :laugh:
Add to that the gender reveal parties. Don't get why people need big elaborate parties and shooting rockets to the moon with pink or blue smoke to announce they're the first person ever having a baby boy or girl but maybe I'm old school.

(Actually I do know- it's to try to shamelessly rack up views on their social media pages)

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Add to that the gender reveal parties. Don't get why people need big elaborate parties and shooting rockets to the moon with pink or blue smoke to announce they're the first person ever having a baby boy or girl but maybe I'm old school.

(Actually I do know- it's to try to shamelessly rack up views on their social media pages)
Reveal parties have started mass forest fires

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I’m a sucker for Election Day. I love the coverage, the controversy, all of it. I’m a huge loser.

We’ll be away for Election Day so I’m early voting for the first time before we go.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I’m a sucker for Election Day. I love the coverage, the controversy, all of it. I’m a huge loser.

We’ll be away for Election Day so I’m early voting for the first time before we go.
I will be up all night as this election is so important. I will either be celebrating or hanging from the tree outside (just kidding)

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Maybe I’ll stay in Barbados if bad things happen
Nova Scotia is looking good (Dad was born there).

Barbados is nice! We went there for Amanda's 40th birthday

1729212678887.png

1729212707860.png

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
My MIL told me how much women fought to get the right to vote in England. Our votes are one of the most valuable things we have. I vote at every level.

My grandmother worked to get women the vote here after WW1

She was so badass.

I will vote in person. I registered to vote right after my 18th birthday. I've never missed a local or state election since then & I have voted in every national election since 1984.

Reactions: caz16 and Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

I’m with you. Been this way since I saw my first inauguration in 1989. My parents never hid anything from my sister or I so if the news was on, we sat and watched. I got absolutely hooked on election night coverage in 1992.

It was a very strange feeling being overseas in 2016. You knew enough to be informed but were still in the dark.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I’m with you. Been this way since I saw my first inauguration in 1989. My parents never hid anything from my sister or I so if the news was on, we sat and watched. I got absolutely hooked on election night coverage in 1992.

It was a very strange feeling being overseas in 2016. You knew enough to be informed but were still in the dark.
A bunch of us will have to hang out election night.

• Love
Reactions: Alicat

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I've been a political as well as a space nerd since I was a kid. I was the only kid in my class who understood what Watergate was because I watched the hearings after school with my mother, who said I should watch it as it was history in the making. I used to watch the political conventions but I haven't in 30 odd years because now they're all scripted, everybody knows who the nominee is going to be and what the platform will say. Basically it's an excuse for a three day binge.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Too early!!

Also, it’s very weird to me to see eggnog not in the traditional Massachusetts Hood golden carton
My favorite eggnog is from a regional dairy in Pensacola. Super thick, just shy of a milkshake. The brand I bought is good but not quite that good.

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
Found these at the surplus store today. a buck fitty a box.

1729214788821.png

Ma always had these when I was a wee lad, she'd make me a cup of weak tea to which I'd add five shots of Carnation canned milk and ten teaspoons of sugar to and with a plate of these it was a feast to a five year old. And as with most things in life either the Boston Bruins or Three Stooges can be tied in with. (May have to activate the volume)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad