OT - NO POLITICS Autumn edition- foliage, cider doughnuts & pumpkin everything.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
My property can handle a category 1 maybe cat 2 - high end things get dicey ... cat 3 and beyond, it will be ugly.

Really watching the tracking of this storm, and I wish no harm on anyone, but I really hope it tracks south of Tampa or loses its strength to cat 1 or less before landfall.

This isn't good for anyone.
People trying to evacuate ... roads leading out of the area are bumper to bumper or very crowded. And there is no lodging available outside the projected path for hundreds of miles. Gas stations are running out of gas already today. And stores are running out or have run out of supplies. No link needed this is first hand boots on the ground personal experience and encounter today. Options are very limited for people. I live 80 - 90 miles north of Tampa and this is what we are experiencing in our area today. People are very nervous.
Sending you all the good vibes I’ve got. I’m glad people are taking it seriously. I’ve seen people going as far west as New Orleans to get away from this.

Reactions: sooshii and JAD

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
If you have to evacuate do you just keep going north or west eventually....how far do you need to go to get away and find a hotel,?
I’ve seen some people are going to New Orleans and I’ve seen others say they went to Macon, GA which is 6 hours north of Tampa and just south of Atlanta.

Reactions: shelbysdad

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
My property can handle a category 1 maybe cat 2 - high end things get dicey ... cat 3 and beyond, it will be ugly.

Really watching the tracking of this storm, and I wish no harm on anyone, but I really hope it tracks south of Tampa or loses its strength to cat 1 or less before landfall.

This isn't good for anyone.
People trying to evacuate ... roads leading out of the area are bumper to bumper or very crowded. And there is no lodging available outside the projected path for hundreds of miles. Gas stations are running out of gas already today. And stores are running out or have run out of supplies. No link needed this is first hand boots on the ground personal experience and encounter today. Options are very limited for people. I live 80 - 90 miles north of Tampa and this is what we are experiencing in our area today. People are very nervous.
Take care JAD. Keep us posted.

Reactions: Ladyfan and JAD

Bleached

Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate of shrimp
Oct 3, 2018
We are pretty much ready. It will probably be a cat 2 or so when it gets here.
Probably lose power for 3 or 4 days, because that's what always happens.

No need to evacuate, since it is coming across the state and not direct from the ocean.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad