OT - NO POLITICS Autumn edition- foliage, cider doughnuts & pumpkin everything.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I understand cybersecurity measures are important but I'm running into walls because of 2-factor authorization on everything now

For most of my adult life I used my college email address as my primary email. It was hosted by Gmail so I had an associated Google drive, etc. last year, after about 14 years of activity, they decided to close alumni accounts so I lost access to it and all the history in it.

Now, my old laptop had Dropbox to backup everything. I never put it on my new laptop, but I was trying to hunt down some old pictures for family that I would've had on that laptop and tried to log into Dropbox. I had the username and password correct, but it took me straight to a 2FA page where I have to get a verification code to the old email address that I don't have access to anymore. Trying to bypass that is a pain in the ass, as I'm emailing support back and forth since they ask weirdly specific questions to verify my info, like when I opened the account (I can only put it in a range of like 4 years) and the name of a file I had recently uploaded (like how am i supposed to remember that?)

What's the point of passwords if entering them doesn't let me into my account anyway?

Even with other applications, as much as I recognize 2FA is more secure, it's annoying d inconvenient every time I log in to things to have to pick up my phone and read a code from a text to get through.
I loathe 2FA with every fiber of my being

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I spoke to someone in Asheville, NC today and they told me they have to rebuild the water infrastructure and were told they'd have no water for 2 months.

passwords are going away here eventually. Passkeys are the new authentication method on the horizon.
Way easier than remembering a password. Just give me an authenticator token or app and I am happy.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I spoke to someone in Asheville, NC today and they told me they have to rebuild the water infrastructure and were told they'd have no water for 2 months.
Wooooow, we have two pumps here being installed now, 2 more in delivery from up north. Been watching heavily laden supply trucks slowly make their way past my house the last few days. I can't even get around the mountains down to Asheville because the road is washed out :P

2 months is crazy

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
1727821905301.gif

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
My youngest was promoted to assistant manager at her job yesterday and had to show me. We then facetimed later. Youre not supposed to have a favorite child…….but my youngest and I bonded right off the bat and I had a big hand in raising her

I so miss them everyday…..

Attachments

• 74943077624__CC1DC56E-D8C3-428C-9B50-BEF7802C89E6.jpeg
    74943077624__CC1DC56E-D8C3-428C-9B50-BEF7802C89E6.jpeg
    174.6 KB · Views: 1
  • lp_image.jpeg
    lp_image.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1
  • lp_image.jpeg
    lp_image.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

View attachment 910854

Really appreciated what he brought to "Some Kind of Wonderful" playing the father of lead Eric Stoltz.

And enjoyed his comic caricature immensely in one the best "buddy flicks" ever, "Midnight Run" (Bob DeNiro and Charles Grodin, '88).

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Had the honor of meeting HOF #9, John Bucyk yesterday.

Discretion is the better part of valor. No gushing.

"Mr. Bucyk.

" I don't need an autograph.

"I just wanted to say that I am in the presence of greatnes, and to tell you how much you have meant to the Boston Bruins and to this community.

"May I shake your hand?"

Good, strong hockey handshake,

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

"Mr. Bucyk.

"I just wanted to say that I am in the presence of greatnes, and to tell you how much you have meant to the Boston Bruins and to this community.

"May I shake your hand?"

I know that I have probably told this story before, but Johnny is one of my all time favourite Bruins. When I was a kid and first fell in love with the Bruins, I would write them letters and would usually receive an autographed picture in return. Mr. Bucyk actually wrote back to me - real letters that were personalized and hand written. I have no idea where those letters went sadly but I will never forget.

Another loss - he was just 60 years old. I love American Pickers.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA

"Mr. Bucyk.

"May I shake your hand?"

Back when the Bruins still liked their fans and they had the Wives Carnival each year, they had a few retired players at one end of the rink sitting next to their retired numbers. They were pretty much being ignored, so I took my son over there. Bucyk was by himself, and my son (who is autistic) mistook him for his grandfather, and jumped up on his lap. Bucyk was just sitting on a barstool and I was momentarily terrified that my son was going to knock him over and injure him. Bucyk was still strong as an ox, and laughed the whole thing off. He could not have been better in interacting with my son. Class act.

• Love
Reactions: caz16

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad