Auston Matthew 50 in 50 watch (37 in 42 so far)

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Well, he has consistently been in the top of the league in stats like takeaways and blocked shots, also part of a few of the lowest "scoring chance against" lines over the last 3 seasons.

Also has become our best penalty killer this season his first time being used regularly.

He has the best PPGA/60 on the team.

Which is no surprise because he’s been our best defensive player for a while now so of course he would be a great penalty killer.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
It’s kinda on those guys for making it ‘some of the lowest scoring eras in league history’.

The players I. Those eras could have scored more goals, but they didn’t. They tried, but they couldn’t do it. So it’s really on them and their peers, nothing to do with Matthews knocking the piss out of them on the stat sheet
Let's see Matthews score with a wooden stick. I doubt he could score two with those things.

Reactions: AvroArrow

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Also has become our best penalty killer this season his first time being used regularly.

He has the best PPGA/60 on the team.

Which is no surprise because he’s been our best defensive player for a while now so of course he would be a great penalty killer.

You know what's completely baffling to me:

Why Keefe hasn't used him more often on the penalty kill in important kills.

Yeah, some people will say all penalties are equal, but there are times in a game where we can just tell that a goal against is a back-breaker, and I'd expect a guy who has barely been on the ice for a goal against while on the penalty kill, to be relied upon more heavily in those situations.

Kampf has been a yo-yo all season and Marner already plays a ton on the pk.
This may be a reason why our pk is in the bottom 5 in the NHL right now....poor utilization of our best assets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad