Austin Watson fires a slapshot at Jeremy Lauzon at the end of the game

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

Surprised there wasn't a thread made about this already, just saw it on the morning highlights. I don't know the exact rules on this, but is this suspension worthy ? There should be some sort of disciplinary action for that. That's about as dirty as it gets. Literally 1 second left, it's a 5-1 game and you fire a slapshot straight at your opponent ? Lauzon limped off, hopefully it's not a serious injury. Not sure what Watson is even thinking there, frustration ?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
He had about 50 feet of empty space to shoot the puck. I feel like his aim can't be that bad, that he misses half the ice that's empty, and strikes the only player standing in his way.
I would 1000% go the way of "extremely low probability event coming to fruition".

There is a lot of empty to ice to miss, sure but... there are breaks sometimes.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Before watching, was expecting a shot towards the net, which it was. You see one of these at the end of most games. Of course, it being 5-1, that's unnecessary. On the other hand, Lauzon could just not have stood in between the puck and the goal. If he was standing near the boards and the shot was still fired directly at him, then there would be a much stronger case for this being intentional. As is, this probably can be labeled an accident.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Before watching, was expecting a shot towards the net, which it was. You see one of these at the end of most games. Of course, it being 5-1, that's unnecessary. On the other hand, Lauzon could just not have stood in between the puck and the goal. If he was standing near the boards and the shot was still fired directly at him, then there would be a much stronger case for this being intentional. As is, this probably can be labeled an accident.
Why the hell would Lauzon be towards the boards?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad