OT - NO POLITICS August edition - The summer wind came blowin' in……

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Just bought this thing on Amazon. Never thought I'd spend $80 on a dustbuster but boy, does it work as advertised on pet hair. And anyway, i used a gift card from our health insurance wellness plan so i didn't actually pay anything for it lol. Added bonus, now I have something I can use in my car instead of having to go to a car wash place.

20240808_194544.jpg

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Just bought this thing on Amazon. Never thought I'd spend $80 on a dustbuster but boy, does it work as advertised on pet hair. And anyway, i used a gift card from our health insurance wellness plan so i didn't actually pay anything for it lol. Added bonus, now I have something I can use in my car instead of having to go to a car wash place.

View attachment 899895
You remind me of my daughter, she bought a new vacuum/steam cleaner and was excited. She said, "I can't believe I'm excited over a vacuum, I feel so old".....lol she is 31.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
You remind me of my daughter, she bought a new vacuum/steam cleaner and was excited. She said, "I can't believe I'm excited over a vacuum, I feel so old".....lol she is 31.
I come by it honest.... my mom got excited when she bought a push mower in her 70s :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: BMC and caz16

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Well, my work shutdown week has been a bust. Crappiest weather of the summer. I guess I’m glad I didn’t plan an actual vacation this week. :laugh:

Trying to decide whether to retire at the end of the year. What do retired people do? (I already vacuumed behind the couch.)

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Well, my work shutdown week has been a bust. Crappiest weather of the summer. I guess I’m glad I didn’t plan an actual vacation this week. :laugh:

Trying to decide whether to retire at the end of the year. What do retired people do? (I already vacuumed behind the couch.)
Get a hip replacement!

Sleep in the morning after Bruins games!

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Those with daughters:

Just hit age 12 this summer. When will she be nice to me again lol

When I had daughters and was raising girls it depends on the girl. The youngest and I were inseparable when she was 10-12 she followed me and her mom everywhere. Now shes 16 gonna be 17 on the 20th and we hardly talk all that much. Oldest girl and I met when she was 14/15 and we always been close. Much closer now since shes 21/22. Second oldest we are closer now at 19 than we were in her teens.

Just depends on the child

Reactions: BMC

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
@TD Charlie as someone who was a preteen/teen girl, a lot of that depends on her friends. If her friends are close with/like/tolerant of their parents, you'll have a much easier time. If her friends think parents are a drag then you, too, shall be a drag.

Middle school was the worst for my relationship with my mom, because being in middle school and that age is pure hell. Things turned around significantly when I went to high school and we were super close (no real relationship with my dad so can't speak to that)

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Mine is miserable and indifferent 99% of the time.

However, she does perk up when I make her perogies for dinner. lol
Chicken and cheese quesadillas here!

@TD Charlie as someone who was a preteen/teen girl, a lot of that depends on her friends. If her friends are close with/like/tolerant of their parents, you'll have a much easier time. If her friends think parents are a drag then you, too, shall be a drag.

Middle school was the worst for my relationship with my mom, because being in middle school and that age is pure hell. Things turned around significantly when I went to high school and we were super close (no real relationship with my dad so can't speak to that)
Her best friends parents are also divorced, and I think she also has a much more cordial relationship with mom. I assume the two of them rub off on one another and hate on Dad in solidarity.

I think there is something to be said about middle school, social media, and all of the changes that take place in girls that age. The other day she complained of back pain and I was like oh shit it's happening! False alarm

Reactions: Acie and Kate08

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Rest in Peace to Boston wrestling legend

Notable for being part of the most notorious event in wrestling history. His wife left him for Chris Benoit (after Sullivan wrote a storyline where she would leave him for Benoit, life imitated art), and she died in those murders.

I didn't watch a lot of WCW prior to like 1998, so I don't have much exposure to Sullivan's work, but he was well regarded as a booker. The impression I get watching his stuff from the 80s is that it was trendy (if not groundbreaking) for its time but looks very dated now.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Proud that my kid's future high school is the first in VT ban cell phones 8-3pm. They will all have a lockable pouch to put them in that gets unlocked when they leave. Excited to be done with this failed experiment. What astonished me about parents is they can't remember how they all went to school without phones. What if plans change? Call the office or email your kid on their school supplied lap top.

And dont tell me they need to use phones to be "digitally literate". I have supervised a ton of interns who grew up on phones who are 100% digitally illitterate when it comes to using an actual computer.

We got our oldest a dumb phone to use as our home phone. It has navigation, voice to text, hot spotting, and wifi calling. I only have one phone (work) but if I ever change jobs I want one too!

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Notable for being part of the most notorious event in wrestling history. His wife left him for Chris Benoit (after Sullivan wrote a storyline where she would leave him for Benoit, life imitated art), and she died in those murders.

I didn't watch a lot of WCW prior to like 1998, so I don't have much exposure to Sullivan's work, but he was well regarded as a booker. The impression I get watching his stuff from the 80s is that it was trendy (if not groundbreaking) for its time but looks very dated now.

I been rewatching WCW 96/97 Horsemen vs DOD feud was good.

I dont believe he had anything to do with Nancy Benoits death.

She was also from Boston

Reactions: McGarnagle

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad