Atlantic Standings Predictions Thread

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I agree with Detroit fans that Moritz Seider is a better player than the numbers show, and also agree with them that Lucas Raymond doesn't get enough respect. I think each is very good already and talented enough to take another step.

The thing is, even if they turn into Pastrnak and Hedman, I'm not sure how much of a difference that is going to make. Detroit is often compared to Buffalo and Ottawa, but when I look at the Wings depth chart, I don't see a bunch of young talent ready to make a leap. I see two good young players on a veteran team that kinda played to its potential last year. And I don't really see many areas of their roster where they will be better.

I know the fans are looking to Talbot to bolster them between the pipes and Edvinsson to boost the backline. I think Talbot is fine at best, and there aren't many rookie defensive defencemen who are difference-makers. They've got a fine stable of youngsters but how many are ready to make an impact this year?

The flip side of this is that I don't think the team got worse either and it missed the dance by just a point last year. I don't see Detroit making any kind of dramatic leap, but it's a veteran squad that conceivably could find the extra couple wins needed to squeeze in.

Just a guess, but I think next 1-2 years will have like 3-5 rookies hit the roster. Most of the first round picks are on the team of Stevie's first 3 year's. But in 1-2 year's the developmental picks will start to be in the age range Steve added lightning prospects in Tampa.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1728305360602.png

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
leafs
cats
wings
sens
lighning
bruins
sabres
canadiens
Definitely agree with the top and bottom. Not seeing the Wings and Sens finishing ahead of Boston now Swayman is back.
Leafs
Cats
Bee’s
Sens
Lightening
Wings
Sabres

Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad