Atlantic Standings Predictions Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
What does
Rather confused here on a couple of things. What does the development arc of another player have anything to do with Suzuki? In this discussion I no interest in what another is doing.Secondly this shooting percentage thing and looking at his stats he was just slightly better than the previous year. How is that unsustainable his age?
If you want to believe in a career high shooting% go ahead.

I remember the same thing with tim stutzle. He shot the exact same 17.8% as suzuki did last year in 22-23. And the ottawa fanbase said "he's young and developing he will definitely shoot like this again next year". And, unsurprisingly, the shooting % came down significantly and he "regressed"

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
If you want to believe in a career high shooting% go ahead.

I remember the same thing with tim stutzle. He shot the exact same 17.8% as suzuki did last year in 22-23. And the ottawa fanbase said "he's young and developing he will definitely shoot like this again next year". And, unsurprisingly, the shooting % came down significantly and he "regressed"
Correct on Stutzle, but you left out he was injured from game 4 on, and had issues shooting, thus set career highs in assists instead.

Reactions: swiftwin

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Correct on Stutzle, but you left out he was injured from game 4 on, and had issues shooting, thus set career highs in assists instead.
100%, which is why I expect his shooting % to improve this year. Certainly not to 18% again, but somewhere in the middle around 13-14% is a very reasonable expectation. I also don't believe Stutzle regressed in his development. I don't think he was as good as his point numbers suggested in 22-23 since it was inflated due to a high shooting %, and I don't think he was as bad as his point numbers suggested in 23-24 since they were deflated due to a low shooting%.

The same applies with caufield low shooting% last year, tage highs and lows in shooting%, jack hughes highs and lows in shooting%, etc etc.

I do not expect Jack to shoot 16% like he did to inflate his stats in 21-22, and I also do not expect him to shoot sub 10%.

Now of course, stutzle may have a low year or a high year again, but I place my expectations based on normal shooting results. And over the course of a career or a 5 year span or whatever, it tends to all even out.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad