Mathews
Tavares
Marner
Larkin
Thachuk
Barkov
Reinhart
Bobrovsky

What division in the NHL has a better collection of talent?
Remove Stammer.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
It is time for the most entertaining thread of the offseason.

Is this the year the Sabres/Senators/Habs make a leap?

Is progression linnear for the Red Wings?

Will the Bruins/Lightning finally fall off?

What kind of cup hangover will the Panthers have?

Will the Core 4 stay in tact through the season?

Get your hot takes in now. Let's see if we can make it the entire offseason without getting this thread locked/deleted.

My predictions.

1. Leafs
2. Bruins
3. Panthers
4. Tampa (WC)

5. Red Wings
6. Sabres
7. Senators
8. Habs
there is no way the leafs finish in first with that roster LOL keep dreaming

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
The Atlantic has been dominated by 4 teams for a long time. Is this the year we finally see, for the first time in 6 years, one of the top 4 teams in the Atlantic unseated?

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
there is no way the leafs finish in first with that roster LOL keep dreaming
Top 3 in the Atlantic are very even when it comes to the regular season.

I'm predicting a slow start for the Panthers as they try to ease their way into the season after playing 210 games the last 2 seasons and celebrating a cup win all summer. Bruins won't have the consistent goaltending from last season and they also way overplayed their talent level. Toronto is going to win the division eventually imo. Why not this year?

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
Top 3 in the Atlantic are very even when it comes to the regular season.

I'm predicting a slow start for the Panthers as they try to ease their way into the season after playing 210 games the last 2 seasons and celebrating a cup win all summer. Bruins won't have the consistent goaltending from last season and they also way overplayed their talent level. Toronto is going to win the division eventually imo. Why not this year?
Boston got way better I can see Florida taking a small step back, Tampa is still better than the Leafs also, AND the bruins defense got better, Florida? Just better than the leafs, I dont know how you can look at the Leafs and say with a straight face they can win the division thats like me saying the Sens are a well run Organization its just not true.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
The Sens are also whatever is the opposite of a goalie factory. I wouldn't be shocked if there is an Ullmark regression just from going from playing in Boston to now playing in Ottawa.

My prediction:

1. Boston
2. Toronto
3. Florida
4. Tampa
5. Ottawa
6. Detroit
7. Buffalo
8. Montreal

Think the top 4 hold strong again. I can see any version of the top 3 in whatever order. 5-7 could also scramble and I wouldnt be shocked.
this is my list too, boston and leafs improved a lot
Detroit and Ottawa should be fun to watch this season

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Boston got way better I can see Florida taking a small step back, Tampa is still better than the Leafs also, AND the bruins defense got better, Florida? Just better than the leafs, I dont know how you can look at the Leafs and say with a straight face they can win the division thats like me saying the Sens are a well run Organization its just not true.

Indeed. I always find interesting that so many seem to soly focus on offense, completly ignoring defense. A full Season of Mason Lohrei + adding Zadarov AND let's not forget the 2-way defensive impact of Linholm. The Bruins also have the 15th youngest team, no longer are they "old" they are in fact younger than the average NHL team.

Last edited:

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
Is this meant to be ironic?

3 of past 5 winners are from the Atlantic, and, 3 of the past 5 runner ups, also currently in the Atlantic.
Yeah notice how I said a really good team from Florida. Rest of division is underwhelming including tampa now

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
Truth.

Arguably, the Leafs are a worse team today then they were at the close of last season...and that was a 102 point team...not a division winner.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Panthers
Leafs
Sabres
Lightning
WC: Sens
Bruins
Red Wings
Habs
So Buffalo and Ottawa will finish ahead of Boston.

family-guy-peter-griffin.gif

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Maybe not 2 teams, but one of Detroit, Buffalo or Ottawa is a good possibility.

Ha ha, highly unlikely if you are being honest with yourself. The Bruins are clearly better then last year's team which finished with 109 points. Detroit, Buffalo and Ottawa will be at best a 95 point team.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Ha ha, highly unlikely if you are being honest with yourself. The Bruins are clearly better then last year's team which finished with 109 points. Detroit, Buffalo and Ottawa will be at best a 95 point team.
You know it is possible to have more talent but finish with less points the following year right? Bruins have massively overachieved in the regular season the last two years.

Reactions: Strangle

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Florida
Boston
Toronto
Buffalo
Tampa
Detroit
Ottawa
Relegated AHL team

Ad