The Sun: Atlantic Division Preview

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
This is the lowest I've been on the team in the Matthews era yet.

So I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Leafs come fourth in the Atlantic. Injuries on defense and goaltending will be the difference. The team will take another step backwards and miss the playoffs as a result.

A time limit cannot be attached to how long this team will remain swirling the bowl.

They are not one year behind schedule. Not even two or three years behind. They are INDEFINITELY behind schedule.

The flies will be hovering for the foreseeable future so long as Shanahan remains in charge.

Mark it on your calendars todays date. September 14, 2024 and the Leafs are still a steaming hot pile of stink. May as well write that every day continuing several years from now too.

Uncurling this pyramid sized cone shaped structure of shit Shanahan's built isn't gonna happen overnight.
Your commitment to the schtick is admirable. Not really based on reality, but admirable.

Reactions: bax

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

So I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Leafs come fourth in the Atlantic. Injuries on defense and goaltending will be the difference. The team will take another step backwards and miss the playoffs as a result.

A time limit cannot be attached to how long this team will remain swirling the bowl.

They are not one year behind schedule. Not even two or three years behind. They are INDEFINITELY behind schedule.

The flies will be hovering for the foreseeable future so long as Shanahan remains in charge.

Mark it on your calendars todays date. September 14, 2024 and the Leafs are still a steaming hot pile of stink. May as well write that every day continuing several years from now too.

Uncurling this pyramid sized cone shaped structure of shit Shanahan's built isn't gonna happen overnight.
If they can stay healthy, they’ll once again easily make the playoffs, if they can’t stay healthy it’s going to bet ugly. Tre’s signings are high risk, high reward, they’re going to need lots of luck and as a sixty year Leaf fan I can tell you luck has been in short supply……..

Your commitment to the schtick is admirable. Not really based on reality, but admirable.
“Always look in the bright side of life, da dum da dum da dum………”

Last edited:
Reactions: ToneDog

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240914_085826_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20240914_085826_Brave.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 1

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
They won the Canadian division then proceeded to choke in their usual spectacular fashion in the playoffs.
To my mind that was the only real choke in this era. They pissed away a 3-1 stranglehold to a clearly inferior team. MM looked like he was going to cry on the ice at one point. That one left a mark.

Losing to the Bruins or TB in tight 7 game series are losses not chokes.

Reactions: Menzinger

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
To my mind that was the only real choke in this era. They pissed away a 3-1 stranglehold to a clearly inferior team. MM looked like he was going to cry on the ice at one point. That one left a mark.

Losing to the Bruins or TB in tight 7 game series are losses not chokes.

It was also by far the easiest path to the cup finals they would have had via the 2nd and 3rd round matchups as well. That series was an extraordinarily heartbreaking outcome in many ways.

Reactions: Enga Olly

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I don't find that even remotely surprising.

Who cares? Winning the division isn't the goal.
Boston played all out to win the East, it backfired. First in the East rarely does well. I think they finish 4th and that's fine. Just have everyone healthy and fresh round one. There is no easy path out of the East next year.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002

I get your point but they have a chance to win 2 rounds this year. Making the semis is progress and they may have close to 20 million to work with if Marner etc walk.

I have never seen a team find so many ways to lose in gm 7.
It was also by far the easiest path to the cup finals they would have had via the 2nd and 3rd round matchups as well. That series was an extraordinarily heartbreaking outcome in many ways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad