• Panthers in 6

Votes: 29 24.6%
  • Panthers in 7

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
A much better situation for the B's. Underdog, start on the road, a lot less pressure.

Not sure if that's enough considering how much better Florida is than Toronto.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
The Panthers are not unbeatable. The Bruins won all 4 games against them this season. They also won 3 in the playoffs last year (2 out of 3 in Sunrise.) It certainly won't be easy, but a series win is not super far-fetched.

In fact, (including the playoffs) the Bruins are 13-6-1 in their last twenty versus the Panthers.

Last edited:

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
The Panthers are not unbeatable. The Bruins won all 4 games against them this season. They also won 3 in the playoffs last year (2 out of 3 in Sunrise.) It certainly won't be easy, but a series win is not super far-fetched.

In fact, (including the playoffs) the Bruins are 13-6-1 in their last twenty versus the Panthers.
Yes but Florida made some pretty significant adds at the trade deadline. Very deep team.

Reactions: Carl Hungus

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I kind of had the attitude if they get bye the Leafs I will be happy whatever happens after that doesn’t matter,but screw that I want revenge!

Reactions: Trizz617

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
Why not us? We're not expected to do much against this "juggernaut" from Florida. There's a good opportunity to shut the naysayers up. We will see, but I like the B's chances to do something great this series. LFG!
They have to play better, none of this half assed effort, got to give it their all, damn the torpedos, it's full speed ahead!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
They need to spread the TOI for the D out. There should not be a 4 minute gap between McAvoy and Lindholm. Stats wise, the teams are actually fairly even.

Reactions: JOKER 192

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Ullmark career (RS+Playoffs) vs the Panthers
  • 15-6-1 ; 2.70 GAA ; .921 Sv%
Swayman career (RS+Playoffs) vs the Panthers
  • 1-2-1 ; 3.59 GAA ; .875 Sv%
---------

Bobrovsky career (RS+Playoffs) vs the Bruins
  • 9-17-4 ; 3.44 GAA ; .897 Sv%

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Ullmark with six or more days 'off' this season
  • 6-0-0 ; 2.00 GAA ; .924 Sv%

Game 1 will be thirteen days 'off.' With his career numbers and his 'rested' #'s this season- coupled with Swayman's poorer (yet small sample) #'s -- I would strongly consider Ullmark for Game 1. However, 13 days is a huge gap. How rusty would he be?

I think if I had to make the decision right now, I'd start Ullmark but have Swayman prepared (tell him the plan before the game) to jump in if Ullmark struggles early.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Ullmark with six or more days 'off' this season
  • 6-0-0 ; 2.00 GAA ; .924 Sv%

Game 1 will be thirteen days 'off.' With his career numbers and his 'rested' #'s this season- coupled with Swayman's poorer (yet small sample) #'s -- I would strongly consider Ullmark for Game 1. However, 13 days is a huge gap. How rusty would he be?

I think if I had to make the decision right now, I'd start Ullmark but have Swayman prepared (tell him the plan before the game) to jump in if Ullmark struggles early.
Start Ullmark?? Damn I hope Monty don't read this and get an idea.

Swayman is in the zone. You go with the hot hand all the way. If Swayman gets bombed in game 1 you can try Ullmark game 2 but otherwise it's Swayman all the way.

The two guys I'm most concerned about are Zacha and DeBrusk. They have got to give us more to have any chance at all.

My mind tells me the Bruins D will be pressed hard and they'll turnover the puck and this will go badly. My heart thinks maybe this team is actually playoff ready this time and we will shock the hockey world (and make the Leafs think maybe they can give their core 4 one more year - lol)

This time let's flip the tables and hit and forecheck their D. It's their weakest spot, Exploit it.

idk probably just a depth move in case of injury but maybe we have plans to play even more physical and he goes in for Boquist?

Reactions: RI.B FAN

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I would start Ullmark and go from there.

Swayman has played great but he's use to being in a rotation for 3 seasons now. Considering that it's only Game 1 and Ullmark's career record vs the Panthers, this is the perfect time for him to get a start in and let Swayman rest up. It's a rotation... so rotate.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
The Bruins have a lot more size then last year and far less pressure too, I think we will give them a series, but probably fall short. I would start Ullmark in game, it's a free hit for the Bruins and gives Swayman a rest. There's also the psychological factor that even if they lose Florida hasn't faced "our guy " in nets.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I would start Ullmark and go from there.

Swayman has played great but he's use to being in a rotation for 3 seasons now. Considering that it's only Game 1 and Ullmark's career record vs the Panthers, this is the perfect time for him to get a start in and let Swayman rest up. It's a rotation... so rotate.
This is where I'm at.

Give Sway a rest. Play Ullmark game 1.and go from there.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Last year, Games 1 through 4 a 'healt(ier)' Linus Ullmark vs the Panthers
3-1-0 ; 2.55 GAA ; .926 Sv%

Just as Swayman held the advantage in career play vs the Leafs, Ullmark holds the advantage against the Panthers. The Bruins goalie tandem is one of, if not the biggest, strengths of the team. Ullmark is going to need to play at some point if the Bruins are to go deep into the playoffs.

I think Game 1 may be the best time to insert Linus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad