Athletes that make you tune in for sports you otherwise wouldn't care about

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I have always found it fascinating, and I think it's one of the highest honors an athlete can have, when people who don't care about a sport (or sometimes sports in general) will tune in just to watch you perform. I am curious to find out which athletes, past or present, have been the ones for you that have made you turn the TV on when they are performing.

As for current athletes, Mondo Duplantis easily takes the cake for me. I do not care about pole vaulting, but whenever there's major track and field event, I make sure to set a reminder on my Google calendar for Men's pole vault final. When someone is so dominant that the question is not whether they win or not but whether they set another world record or not, I can't do anything but admire that level of domination.

For past athletes Usain Bolt in his prime is probably an easy answer for this. Also, after I had more or less stopped watching MMA, I did return whenever Conor McGregor had a fight. Although that doesn't really apply for the dominant argument but rather for entertainment.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
9.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: