ATD 2011 Draft Thread II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
I'm not edgy dammit!!!! Why are people always saying that?

You can poke fun at my username all you want, I welcome it!

I just want to see the teams so far. Is that so much to ask? :(

That last post reinforced my statement.

You've complained for the last ... 15 minutes. How much time would it have took you to do the job yourself again?

jarek

Aug 15, 2009

You've complained for the last ... 15 minutes. How much time would it have took you to do the job yourself again?

Because I think everyone should put similar effort into this as I am. At least enough to take the 15 seconds to edit their roster post.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I agree with him , it's fun to see team develope and it's easier to see when you watch the roster well placed instead of just looking at the draft list.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Just wanted to share a great memory I have about Mike Bossy , I was playing Bantam A ( I think it was bantam not sure ) we played the Mike Bossy tournament ( In laval I think ) and we made the final against a very rough & tough Native American team and we destroyed them , and when we celebrated the victory in our lockerroom Mike Bossy came to celebrate with us and spend a lot of time talking to each of us.I will always remember that , Bossy is a nice man , very funny also.

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
...and very odd. Bossy has gotten progressively creepier and creepier since his retirement, at least when you see him on TV. If I didn't know it was Mike Bossy, I would probably take him for a dirty old queen.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
...and very odd. Bossy has gotten progressively creepier and creepier since his retirement, at least when you see him on TV. If I didn't know it was Mike Bossy, I would probably take him for a dirty old queen.

Never had that impression , he was often on a humor french TV show in Quebec in the 90s and he's awesome.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Catching up...

Love the Richard and Forsberg picks. Richard was my top forward back at 51, and Forsberg was right there.

I see Mark Howe was picked. I've done my share of arguing on his behalf in the past, it's nice to see him get recognition. Here are a couple of great newspaper articles that give you an idea of how he played, if anyone is interested.

Check out my Pronger bio. Highlights - Pronger's track record of team success, and a Lidstrom - Pronger comparison.

I've also updated the earlier post I made with adjusted stats for defencemen. Added numbers for Salming, Leetch, Lapointe, Howe, and Savard, and added a little analysis as well.

Hey overpass thanks for adding the info on Lapointe!

He looks like he at the very least holds his own in that company, and like you said, especially on special teams.

I guess both his and Savard's ES totals have to be taken with a small grain of salt since the Montreal team was so strong vs. its competition those years imo.. oh wait! I have it on good authority that teams without generational players don't affect point totals so Lapointe is among the best ever at ES too. :)

Do you mind if I steal some of that for the bio I work up?

Last edited:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010

you can give me your list if you want to sleep , I'm gonna be there all day.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com

Can you elaborate on this? It's been so long since I've saw Bossy on live television.

----

I need to send a simple two-man list, who will be there for some time?

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
Can you elaborate on this? It's been so long since I've saw Bossy on live television.

----

I need to send a simple two-man list, who will be there for some time?

You can send the list my way.

As far as Bossy goes, I'm just bustin' chops because I'm a New Yorker and I love the guy and that's my way of expressing it (well, that and never drafting players from those Islanders teams). He does genuinely come off a little strange, though. Talks with his hands more than my mother, for one thing. Go and watch his Legends video (you can youtube it). You can't see the hands thing in that video, and maybe it's just bad lighting, but I think he reaches an almost "it puts the lotion on its skin and it puts the lotion in the basket" level of creepiness at certain points.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Sent to you, at least you'll have to something ATD related to toyed with today :)

Yeah I'm getting bored waiting for my turn , at least I'm learning things about players.When I'm done with my 1st ATD I'll have more knowledge.

Dwight

The French Tickler
Jul 8, 2006
West Island
I will make our pick, but first, a story...about a young man with a dream, and how those dreams were crushed by an evil, evil man

14v0dvp.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad