Proposal: Askarov To Montreal For Owen Beck and MTL 2025 1st round pick.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
How about providing evidence to support your claim, otherwise I’m done with this discussion, a discussion in which I came out on top of.
Generational refers to talents like Crosby / Ovechkin and McDavid. Even before their drafts they were considered generational talents.

Askarov was never in the ballpark of that. Like not even close dude.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Generational refers to talents like Crosby / Ovechkin and McDavid. Even before their drafts they were considered generational talents.

Askarov was never in the ballpark of that. Like not even close dude.
Clearly you don’t know how to read. I said “he is the closest thing to a generational goalie prospect” and you have perceived that as me saying “Askarov is a generational goalie”

Those are two different meanings, friend.

Come back to this discussion when you’re ready to have it.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Hey now, they also said nobody would pay 1sts for Ben Chiarot or Sean Monahan and yet here we are. :sarcasm:
You are dealing with Hughes here on the other end. He is not going to make a Chiarot mistake. On top, he know he got good young tenders in Dobes/Fowler and not going to overpay for Askarov. If you want to get a good deal for Askarov talk to team who need goalies like the Oilers.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Clearly you don’t know how to read. I said “he is the closest thing to a generational goalie prospect” and you have perceived that as me saying “Askarov is a generational goalie”

Those are two different meanings, friend.

Come back to this discussion when you’re ready to have it.
Closest thing to a generational goalie prospect? Askarov Is the closest thing to a blue chip goalie prospect. Generational is beyond hyperbole.

Come back to this discussion when you are back in the real world.

Last edited:
Reactions: SallyBalls

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
I thought maybe you didn't know the acronym lmao. Its basically a suitable response to someone considering Askarov to be a "generational" prospect!!! LMAO

Carey Price at 3OA wasn't considered a generational prospect.
Price didn't go 3 overall

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Hmm seems to me The Preds are trying to win now. They might want a player to help now.

He is probably worth a 1st but not one in the top 10.
I dont think hes far off. was basically a top 10 pick himself. a guy u can likely build around. one thing some of the best teams always lack is goaltending. I dunno if it makes sense to move the MTL 1st but Beck+another 1st or something else of equal value I think would be a very good idea.

I hope Leafs figure out away to pry him. I dont care what they have to give up prospect and pickwise

It's not the Habs calling .
dont care who called who to be honest. just cause a team calls doesnt mean u low ball the hell out of them. its a good way to lose potential trade partners

I would pay a mid to late first. I would offer the later of the Habs pick / Florida / Flames pick. I would then trade Primeau to the Nucks for picks to recoup some value.

But the OP's offer is egregious as obviously the Habs would never do that.
I dont think a mid to late 1st would be enough for NSH to accept. but who knows

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
You are dealing with Hughes here on the other end. He is not going to make a Chiarot mistake. On top, he know he got good young tenders in Dobes/Fowler and not going to overpay for Askarov. If you want to get a good deal for Askarov talk to team who need goalies like the Oilers.
paying their value isn't overpaying, there's a difference but if this was the other way around you guys would be asking for the WORLD

Given the situation, they would be lucky to get it.
well in away with how they screwed up and he asked for a trade u might be a little right but NSH doesnt have to trade him. they could if they wanted just let him rot. I dont think thats a good idea but I wouldnt let this bad news just bully me to be taken advantage of.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
paying their value isn't overpaying, there's a difference but if this was the other way around you guys would be asking for the WORLD

well in away with how they screwed up and he asked for a trade u might be a little right but NSH doesnt have to trade him. they could if they wanted just let him rot. I dont think thats a good idea but I wouldnt let this bad news just bully me to be taken advantage of.
Letting him rot will devalue him even more. Unfortunately, when a player asks to be traded, you typically comply. Forcing a player into a bad situation (from their perspective) never works and could spiral.

I'm not saying Nash will get pennies on the dollar. But they won't get full value. No way.
Meanwhile, the OP's proposal was laughable. Habs would hang up the phone and lose their number.

Reactions: Qwijibo

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

We've heard the same thing just couple weeks ago with Laine requesting a trade. Look where it ended...

End of the day, GM will bot pay a premium assets for a young goalie that has not proven anything yet. 2nd + a c prospect ish maybe?

Reactions: HabsAddict

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Sorry, price was never generational (as a prospect or since) or considered that. Askarov is far from that.
Give me ONE other goalie with his track reckord that had better stats playing on a team like the Habs.

FYI only time Prive played on a yeam with a PPG player. It was hos rookie year, Kovalev and 84pts

Hell he's never played with a 40g scorer on his team.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Give me ONE other goalie with his track reckord that had better stats playing on a team like the Habs.

FYI only time Prive played on a yeam with a PPG player. It was hos rookie year, Kovalev and 84pts

Hell he's never played with a 40g scorer on his team.
Too many other goalies have more hardware and better stats. Price played on some good Habs teams. He was never a generational goaltender. Hasek was a generational goaltender. Brodeur was generational. Roy was generational.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Letting him rot will devalue him even more. Unfortunately, when a player asks to be traded, you typically comply. Forcing a player into a bad situation (from their perspective) never works and could spiral.

I'm not saying Nash will get pennies on the dollar. But they won't get full value. No way.
Meanwhile, the OP's proposal was laughable. Habs would hang up the phone and lose their number.
If the return value is already mediocre then there isn't much risk in him potentially devaluing further. Beyond that, this is the 2nd time this agent has pulled something like this with Trotz this off-season, and he represents at least one other (and then potentially another) Pred prospect. Trotz is going to want to reestablish his boundaries after trading off Afanaseyev the first occasion.

Best play is still let the dust settle, see if the posture changes as the season starts, see if value can be rehabilitated, then explore the trade.

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
The Pred's original plan for this season with Askarov was him playing the AHL and continuing to develop. I don't see how Askarov playing the season in the AHL post trade request is "letting him rot"

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Too early to think of trading Beck, he could be our future Danault defensive matchup stud who's gold on faceoffs. Plus we don't know what we have in Fowler yet. Management doesn't make decisions without as much information as possible, this will never happen.

That being said, I could see a trade happening for pieces that aren't as important, like Florida's first and another prospect like Mesar, who likely isn't entering our top 6 and probably won't be playing on a more defensive line. We'd need to give up a goalie though, and I think management wants to give Primeau and Montembault more time to show who's the boss, to be the potential backup of the future.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Guess its hard to understand that a "generational goalie prospect" isn't the same thing a "Generational prospect".

Who knew?

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm not sure how many times we need to say that Hughes isn't BargainBin or Blake.

If Hughes has targeted Askarov, he has a fixed price in his mind and won't change his mind, nor needs to change (see Fowler) until hell freezes over.

Or Hughes simply doesn't care for Askarov because he has Dube and Fowler in the system.

The ONLY thing that can change things is if Monty or Primeau have a serious long term injury.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
I'd trade any Habs goaltending prospect not called Fowler for Askarov... Realistically Primeau would have to be traded in order to give him NHL time right away, which I am okay with.

Saying you don't need Askarov because you have Volokhin, Dobes or Quentin Miller is a bit ridiculous.

Askarov is a premium prospect in the league at the position. If you can acquire him for cheap, it is a smart gamble.

Not saying I'd trade an early 1st for him or anything, just that he would be a solid add to the goaltending depth in the system.

Oh yeah?

If he's that good why does Nash wants to trade him then?

I mean Saros is ok, but he's almost 30 and Askarov was drafted to replace him.. So what's the problem?

And why no team acquired him, he's allegedly been on the market for a year?

His stats in the AHL don't suggest he's that exceptional and AFAIC, if he was such a wonder, Nash would keep him/ teams would align to acquire him...

Nope, goalies are voodos and the Habs have both depth and quality in terms of prospects at that position. So Askarov isn't a need for the organization.

Last edited:

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com

maybe so, but I wouldn't let a team bully me into giving them as good of a prospect as he is for what I feel to be basically nothing anyways. I would rather just trade Wedgewood and guarantee him a backup position and try to make him happy. that's prob the direction Id go.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad