Ashton v. Frattin

MakeTheIronSing

Oct 13, 2011
Edmonton
I still do not understand people's interest/optimism with Ashton, he is quite bad in a lot of respects.

I would play Zach Hyman just as soon as Carter Ashton, amongst other young players like Rupert or Bailey.

mikebel111*

Why all the hate for Frattin and Ashton?
Remember they were both assumed to be better than Kadri lol

Actually it was Frattin got all the hype and love affair and still does it seems. not sure why, a terrible NHL player

Marmoset

Apr 4, 2015
GTA
Actually it was Frattin got all the hype and love affair and still does it seems. not sure why, a terrible NHL player

Frattin at least had a season where he looked like a solid NHL player before getting hurt. I'm not really sure why Frattin has fallen apart so completely. He definitely became overhyped by Leafs fans when he had his run of success, but I thought he would be able to have a career is a 3rd-4th liner. I think he still has a chance to make it as a depth guy somewhere, although the odds are against him.

In comparison, Ashton never looked like he belonged. He could look good with the Marlies, but each time he was called up he made virtually no impact. There were games he played in where I went long stretches of the game not realizing he was in the lineup.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013

I still do not understand people's interest/optimism with Ashton, he is quite bad in a lot of respects.

I would play Zach Hyman just as soon as Carter Ashton, amongst other young players like Rupert or Bailey.

Frattin will be gone next summer.

Why all the hate for Frattin and Ashton?
Remember they were both assumed to be better than Kadri lol

Not sure why there would be so much focus on players like this. These are AHL/NHL tweeners and guys who are trying to stick with the big club on a 4th line, but are struggling to do so.

Hopefully some Marlie's can step up and can be plugged in to this role and will do a better job. That would be a good sign that the club talent level is starting to come around.

I remember when Ashton was acquired from Tampa. He was a late 1st rounder IIRC correctly and there was great hope. He was sign in the Burke era that things were looking up for the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad