GDT: ASG Weekend: Feb 3rd @ 3pm ET - All-Star Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Are some people actually upset and/or surprised that Matthews won the MVP? The weekend was hosted in Toronto and there were 4 Leafs players participating. Everything about this was a Toronto Maple Leafs event, and designed to pander to Toronto Maple Leafs fans.

Yeah, things were probably rigged in favour of Matthews and the Leafs, but that's no different than the treatment that every other host city and their players get.

Reactions: Lilou

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Are some people actually upset and/or surprised that Matthews won the MVP? The weekend was hosted in Toronto and there were 4 Leafs players participating. Everything about this was a Toronto Maple Leafs event, and designed to pander to Toronto Maple Leafs fans.

Yeah, things were probably rigged in favour of Matthews and the Leafs, but that's no different than the treatment that every other host city and their players get.
I think fans wants it to be fair

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I think fans wants it to be fair
If this were a regular season game or the playoffs, I’d agree with you. But realistically nobody outside of Toronto really had any reason to care about this event, so I don’t think there was any harm in catering to Leafs fans here. The same thing happened last year when Tkachuk got named MVP because the game was in Florida.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
If this were a regular season game or the playoffs, I’d agree with you. But realistically nobody outside of Toronto really had any reason to care about this event, so I don’t think there was any harm in catering to Leafs fans here. The same thing happened last year when Tkachuk got named MVP because the game was in Florida.
true but still, it should always be fair, no matter what,
or then they should remove; no to racism and fair play notations and ads from pro sports..

• Haha
Reactions: Isaac Nootin

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
You had one copy-paste job

hertl.PNG

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Watched about half to most of it and was unsurprisingly pretty disappointed on it. I feel like everyone who liked it is either a Leafs, Oilers, Avs or Canucks fan. The whole event seemed like it was just done for those fanbases (mostly Leafs).

I like that they were (mostly) trying in the skills competition, but the whole thing seemed like it was purposely designed for McDavid to win. And the fact that it was mostly just those 4 fanbases represented was a incredibly dumb. Over half of the fanbases didn't have a representative in the skills competition. If Bedard can be on the ice giving passes, why can't he be in the sharpshooter competition? The hardest shot was a joke. There are definitely a lot more harder shots in the league, f***ing Colin Miller shoots regularly harder shots in game than most of these participants. I'm glad they are getting rid of this format.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
true but still, it should always be fair, no matter what,
or then they should remove; no to racism and fair play notations and ads from pro sports..
Why wasn't it fair? Matthews was excellent in the games. He had one or two points less than Foresburg - Matthews' choice for MVP, but it is not as if he should have been out of contention.

Reactions: Lilou

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
There's nothing I love more than coming to the mainboard and seeing people whine about AM34 (Day 1 HHOFer). Fans of all teams are lucky to be living in a time where they can witness one of the greatest scorers in nhl history.

Reactions: Rob Brown

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
The best hockey player in the world winning a skills competition? You don't say.

Way to miss the point. How about the fact that he designed the event based on the drills he trains, or that he only participated on events he was good. Where was he during hardest shot? Obviously he's the favorite, so you don't have to make it so easy for him.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Way to miss the point. How about the fact that he designed the event based on the drills he trains, or that he only participated on events he was good. Where was he during hardest shot? Obviously he's the favorite, so you don't have to make it so easy for him.
Rofl all the players had the opportunity to choose what event they wanted to take part in based on their strengths. You really want to handicap a player because you think he's that good? Why not just let him show his talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad