GDT: ASG Weekend: Feb 3rd @ 3pm ET - All-Star Game

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Skills competition was less gimmicky but it still needs some re-working. Instead of awarding the play the money, each player should be playing for a charity of there choosing

Should do an East VS. West ASG and a mini 3on3 tournament

Nothing is stopping them from donating the money.

The skills competition was vastly improved, they just need to work on the presentation and maybe run the guys through the drills the day before which will yield better results with less confusion.

Reactions: ujju2

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So the old 5 on 5 all star game was boring because there was no defense and all offense and high scoring. So change it to a 3 on 3 format that is all offense with no defense and even more scoring. Makes complete sense, Not! lol

That's not allowed here, are you new?

Skills competition was less gimmicky but it still needs some re-working. Instead of awarding the play the money, each player should be playing for a charity of there choosing

Should do an East VS. West ASG and a mini 3on3 tournament
Agree all money for charity and actually given to charity considering looked like the tourney was fixed

• Haha
Reactions: Isaac Nootin

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Nothing is stopping them from donating the money.

The skills competition was vastly improved, they just need to work on the presentation and maybe run the guys through the drills the day before which will yield better results with less confusion.
The optics of maybe donating the money you win vs. The optics of playing for your charity of choice are quite different. It in itself is a bit gimmicky but it’ll draw people in and have more fans cheering for players who are playing for a cause that’s near to them.

Agree all money for charity and actually given to charity considering looked like the tourney was fixed
You can’t say the tourney looked scripted, @Skolman will say you’re obsessed :sarcasm:

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The optics of maybe donating the money you win vs. The optics of playing for your charity of choice are quite different. It in itself is a bit gimmicky but it’ll draw people in and have more fans cheering for players who are playing for a cause that’s near to them.

You can’t say the tourney looked scripted, @Skolman will say you’re obsessed :sarcasm:
Or possessed!!! LoL

Or Possessed!! LoL

Or possessed!!! LoL

Or Possessed!! LoL
Not sure why it went double maybe I am possessed

• Haha
Reactions: Three On Zero

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Or possessed!!! LoL

Or Possessed!! LoL
These type of events are usually half-cooked due to the audience they are meant for, they are meant more as a fun event than an actual serious one. Which really isn’t an issue.

Older audiences can see it, but the kids love it

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
These type of events are usually half-cooked due to the audience they are meant for, they are meant more as a fun event than an actual serious one. Which really isn’t an issue.

Older audiences can see it, but the kids love it
Then u don't pay players the money gos for something real and better

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
I know it's near required to hate this weekend, but I thought the changes worked. I enjoyed it.
Yep. The intensity and competitiveness was higher in both the skill competition and the 3v3 games. The goalies actually tried this year and players even backchecked on almost every play.

Reactions: Lilou

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
By God those are not just the ugliest jerseys I’ve ever seen, they might be the ugliest jerseys I can even imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad