Value of: Arthur Kaliyev

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014
Underrated player. Get him to New Jersey. He can score a lot. He was misused at LA. He skates exactly like Joe Pavs, so there is no problem.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
he'd clear waivers when he gets sent down before the season starts.
It would be strange if he cleared. Based on on-ice results he has a higher ppg than most in that 2019 draft like Kakko, Dach, Cozens etc. I think he has more goals than Dach.
He has played less games than them and when he did play it was on the 4th line with Blake Lizotte, Brendan Lemieux and Carl Grundstrom. He didnt get time on a first powerplay unit either.
The Kings really screwed up handling this player and a team could really benefit taking a chance on him.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Robertson (California kid) really not needed in California (LA).
Kings will do much better starting to give Kaliev opportunities.

I'd argue Robertson would probably do well if the Leafs gave him some opportunities as well, I don't think he got all that much opportunity on the PP but if he got posted at the right face off circle for one timers, he could probably thrive. Did Keefe do that? No.

It's the same situation with Kaliyev no? You could give him an opportunity but for whatever reason, they won't be given it.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
It would be strange if he cleared. Based on on-ice results he has a higher ppg than most in that 2019 draft like Kakko, Dach, Cozens etc. I think he has more goals than Dach.
He has played less games than them and when he did play it was on the 4th line with Blake Lizotte, Brendan Lemieux and Carl Grundstrom. He didnt get time on a first powerplay unit either.
The Kings really screwed up handling this player and a team could really benefit taking a chance on him.

He would not clear waivers.

But the only reason he has a higher p/gp than most of the 2019 draft class is because most of the 2019 draft class (and every draft class) wont amount to much. He does not have a higher p/gp than any of Kakko, Dach or (especially) Cozens. The forwards taken ahead of him with a worse p/gp are Turcotte, Podkolzin, Poulin, Holmstrom, McMichael, Pelletier, Foote, Suzuki, Tracey and Beecher. And more productive guys taken after are Brink, Hoglander, Robertson, Dorofeyev, Maccelli, Voronkov, etc.

Can't comment on the Kings screwing up his handling or not, but I think most would be skeptical of the benefit of taking a chance on him (depending on what the chance meant).

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
I think the issue with Kaliyev is that a lot of teams didn't like his character and how he interviewed. He had a lot of red flags at the combine and was on a lot of teams DND list.

Be interesting to see how many takers their are for him.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Nobody knows.

This is what happens when your developmental plan is to draft offensively talented players but force them to learn how to play to their weaknesses while delaying the work on what should be their strengths.

LA drafts players to support ancient sacred cows, not to supplant them. Draft a series of skilled centers? Yeah, let's sign and trade for veteran free agents and force the kids to break into the league as middle six wingers. Have a one dimensional scoring winger? Learn how to play 4th line grinding hockey while we trade a stud bluechip defenseman for a veteran one dimensional scoring winger - all while their mismatched bottom six young forwards get caved in during the playoffs.

Meanwhile, no series wins in 9 years, with just 6 playoff games won in that time frame. Then the lumbering mummy that is Kopitar gets a two year extension at $7 million per as your dunce GM decides that they need MORE centers instead of using the ones you just drafted.

Sorry for the rant- take Kaliyev for free. He deserves a good home.
Mike Sullivan method.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Habs have plenty of picks and prospect

Kings will settle for a fading 30 year old as long as he's a gud old boy, bonus points if he's somewhere in the Blake-Luc-McLellan network of guys they've shared a locker room wit, double secret probation bonus if he speaks French

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Kings will settle for a fading 30 year old as long as he's a gud old boy, bonus points if he's somewhere in the Blake-Luc-McLellan network of guys they've shared a locker room wit, double secret probation bonus if he speaks French
Does Calle Jarnkrok make the cut?

Over 32 years, has 2 year term, a Swede (kempe need a buddy?), has character and dashing good looks toi

Doesnt speak french, and dont think hes connected with the kings trio

The Krok for Kaliyev make it happen Blake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad