Value of: Arthur Kaliyev

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Robertson for Kaliyev plus a small add depending on performance seems like a fair deal for both.

Native son returns to Cali with something to prove. Has been far more successful than Kaliyev but looking for a fresh start.

Toronto gets a bigger body who needs a new opportunity and the additional draft capital would be nice. I’m not suggesting a huge add to start but a conditional pick depending on performance.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Just out of curiosity does anyone remember the online (Twitter/X) meltdowns around Kaliyev?
Like his NHLe was so high that everyone was like this guy has a 40% chance at being a superstar, and a 100% chance at being a great NHLer!!!

Development is so non-linear. This guy could find a home somewhere and turn into a nice scorer in this league; but would anyone also be shocked if in 5 years he's a name that you're like 'oh yeah I remember him!'

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Robertson for Kaliyev plus a small add depending on performance seems like a fair deal for both.

Native son returns to Cali with something to prove. Has been far more successful than Kaliyev but looking for a fresh start.

Toronto gets a bigger body who needs a new opportunity and the additional draft capital would be nice. I’m not suggesting a huge add to start but a conditional pick depending on performance.
L.A is adding? Uhhhh what? No one wants undersized one dimensional scorers. They're a dime a dozen.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ

Toronto can keep Robertson.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
L.A is adding? Uhhhh what? No one wants undersized one dimensional scorers. They're a dime a dozen.
I said conditional. Kaliyev isn’t trending in the right direction whereas after a few years of dealing with injuries Robertson playing limited minutes but up 14 and 27 points. Does he need to work on his game sure but you can’t teach that shot and he certainly has a nose for the net and last time I checked the game is about outscoring your opponent not just outsizing them.

Like I said both need a fresh start and Robertson playing in his native Cali would be huge and by not trading in the division could be solid for both. I deal both go on to great success and it’s a pure hockey trade.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I said conditional. Kaliyev isn’t trending in the right direction whereas after a few years of dealing with injuries Robertson playing limited minutes but up 14 and 27 points. Does he need to work on his game sure but you can’t teach that shot and he certainly has a nose for the net and last time I checked the game is about outscoring your opponent not just outsizing them.

Like I said both need a fresh start and Robertson playing in his native Cali would be huge and by not trading in the division could be solid for both. I deal both go on to great success and it’s a pure hockey trade.
Maybe you should have watched the playoffs after the first round. Being long, big throughout the line up is how winning teams are built. I don't think Kaliyev is the answer on a contender either as compete and motor are also needed. But there's no way Robertson has more value than Kaliyev. Again small scoring one dimensional forwards have no value.

Reactions: kinghock

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ

If Robertson trending in the right direction why Toronto fans do not want to keep him?
LA fans really want to keep Kaliev.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Is Kaliyev that bad defensively?
No hes not that bad. He can do the bare minimum.
His knocks from fans are he has a slow and sluggish first step and bad defensive instincts. Once he gets moving he is not a bad skater.
Reading between the lines this offseason these are not the issues keeping him from playing though.
It sounds like the team doesnt like his compete level. He has a tendency to not use his body and start fishing with his stick in corners. Doesnt practice hard enough. Stuff like that. I heard one team employee say he was posting videos of hinself out getting ice cream while his team was in Edmonton playing in the playoffs.
Who knows whats true but maybe they can clean the slate and have him come back next year instead of giving him away.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
If Robertson trending in the right direction why Toronto fans do not want to keep him?
LA fans really want to keep Kaliev.
It’s not a question of why we want to get rid of him. He has stated he wants to be traded. Any player that doesn’t want to play for your team is a non starter for me. Second we have Marner who is smallish and Cowan who again isn’t a giant. Will Marner be here long term is a whole other thing. We can’t have too many smallish player especially if we are looking for middle 6 help. Ideally the third line.

Look I’m responding to a post, I don’t know who started the thread but I’m assuming it’s a kings fan.

Reactions: kinghock and Eegs

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
It’s not a question of why we want to get rid of him. He has stated he wants to be traded. Any player that doesn’t want to play for your team is a non starter for me. Second we have Marner who is smallish and Cowan who again isn’t a giant. Will Marner be here long term is a whole other thing. We can’t have too many smallish player especially if we are looking for middle 6 help. Ideally the third line.

Look I’m responding to a post, I don’t know who started the thread but I’m assuming it’s a kings fan.
I believe Robertson for Kaliev proposal was initiated by Edmonton fan...

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Arthur doesn't appear to be enjoying the proposals.

1721690343449.jpeg

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
Like I said both need a fresh start and Robertson playing in his native Cali would be huge and by not trading in the division could be solid for both. I deal both go on to great success and it’s a pure hockey trtrade.
We already have a one dimensional Cali native that plays soft. No thanks on Robertson

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Really surprised he wasn't part of the PLD trade, just to get something for him. Word was there was no interest in him at the draft, and other teams who looked at him passed, even the teams needing to pad out their rosters.

• Wow
Reactions: Lt Dan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad