Rumor: Arthur Kaliyev to Ottawa?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I don't even know what appropriate value would be from Ottawa but I'd love to package something up for Chychrun

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Please not Chychrun. Guy tanks every team he's on. Blake likes him though.

King's could also be looking at a forward. Maybe a young forward that just needs some ice time to break out.
:huh:

Maybe just a 3rd round pick.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
In fairness, we were shit even before he arrived, lol
Trade went down, injured after 12? Games. Missed rest of season. Ottawa missed the playoffs.

Next season was pretty good for Chychrun. Way over his 56? Game average, 41 points & -30. Ottawa regressed.

AZ improved with Durzi. Durzi probably has a better overall impact than Chychrun.

Blake isn't the best GM though.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I don't think this is the guy you want in LA but Kaliyev probably isn't bad of a price if you think Kaliyev won't see much NHL time with LA and be productive, cause Chych will be productive but ideally should be babysat by a good stay at home D and will occasionally infuriate you anyways

Then again maybe he goes back to his Arizona ways and plays a lot better as a two way D

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Is this like the time he told Kings fans to take it to the bank they were signing Kahun?

I’m ok with dealing Kaliyev but don’t know how if it’s in a package for Chychrun they’d be able to afford him?

I’d rather get some size and grit with potential.

Watch it be Kaliyev for Joseph and a pick.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Hoven come trades makes Eklund look like McKenzie.

There have been rumors about Kaliyev to OTT for a few yrs though.
Sometimes the King's staff will release information, like Toffoli for a 2nd & 3rd, ahead of time through The Mayor to lessen the shock & anger when they think there'll be blowback.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Just what Ottawa needs…a streaky scorer with little residual value off the puck who needs to be heavily sheltered. I know, I know…something about his game time and production tanking this year because Rob Blake hates young players and he’s turning into some sort of complete player….

My guess is the interest is purely as a buy low candidate in the event as depth as Giroux is 36 and Joseph is maybe traded.

The idea that he’s gonna net the Kings Pinto or even be the centerpiece of a Chychrun deal is wild. The Joseph, Brannstrom, picks range seem to be more what expectations should be.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad