Value of: Arthur Kaliyev in Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
not much in montreal that moves the needle for me. maybe xhekaj plus. wouldn't take the rumors of kaliyev is available to heart until a new coach works with him. Todd Mclellan is a buffoon

exactly, kings arent moving him just for the sake of moving him.
xhekaj plus . :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Can we just block Montreal trade proposals from an LA perspective they are always absolutely terrible!
Ya like asking for Roy or Fowler isn't terrible from the Habs perspective.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Ya like asking for Roy or Fowler isn't terrible from the Habs perspective.
I really do not think that Montreal should ask for Kaliev, if not ready to pay the price.
A lot of teams have interest in him and with change of coach Kaliev will have more opportunity with Kings.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
If the Kings had half a brain, they would try to work something for a young goalie, but none of Blake’s recent moves indicate any presence of intelligence.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Kaliev like Kakko was developing into a 40 point forward and of course more expected then fell off dramatically.

Since they haven't established a long enough pattern one has to be concerned if that was a one off season.

Our problem is that players like Beck and Roy are now getting established and we don't know their potential until they start their NHL careers. Chances are very high that we are trading 2 nickels for a dime. Or a quarter for a nickel. We just don't know....

And the other issue is we need top 6 game breakers. We got none in the system and that is our trade priority. That's what the Dach trsde was all aboit and to a lesser extent the Newhook trade.
I prefer Kakko's 40 pts

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Kid has fallen out of favor in LA. McLellan plays him 8-10 mins/game. He is rumored to be available.

What could Montreal offer that could entice LA? A prospect? A pick (late 2nd? early 3rd?) A vet? A goalie?

Not sure what LA needs, but I certainly could see room in Montreal's top 9 and on the PP for a guy with a wicked wrister like him.

Liked him a lot in his draft year. Looked like an awkward kid, but certainly very skilled. I think he could become a Tippett-like reclamation project for MSL/Hughes.
2 1st eiunders

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Kid has fallen out of favor in LA. McLellan plays him 8-10 mins/game. He is rumored to be available.

What could Montreal offer that could entice LA? A prospect? A pick (late 2nd? early 3rd?) A vet? A goalie?

Not sure what LA needs, but I certainly could see room in Montreal's top 9 and on the PP for a guy with a wicked wrister like him.

Liked him a lot in his draft year. Looked like an awkward kid, but certainly very skilled. I think he could become a Tippett-like reclamation project for MSL/Hughes.
McLellan is gone.
Kaliev should be in favor in LA again.
Team who wants to trade for him will need to play real price.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I really do not think that Montreal should ask for Kaliev, if not ready to pay the price.
A lot of teams have interest in him and with change of coach Kaliev will have more opportunity with Kings.
Yes but not for any of Roy / Fowler. Those two are important to the Habs future. I can see Mesar as a potential option.

Reactions: Dutronc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad