Value of: Artemi Panarin's RFA rights

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
2 years of RFA Ryjo. Value was Jones.

Panarin has +20 points and 2 RFA years left. The value might be Laine/Marner/Pulju +1st.

Top10 league forward prospect for top10 league forward. 1st for insurance and large difficulty finding a trade target with assets, capspace and need for high end "right now" winger.

Nobody will pay that, Maybe Marner but don't forget Panarin has 1 year only under his belt and he was playing with the best offensive player.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Panarin has +20 points and 2 RFA years left. The value might be Laine/Marner/Pulju +1st.

Top10 league forward prospect for top10 league forward. 1st for insurance and large difficulty finding a trade target with assets, capspace and need for high end "right now" winger.

Mathews? are you serious?

You don't give up Mathews to get Panarin, if you get Panarin it's to play WITH Mathews

You could get Nylander or Marner or our 1st,all those things could be in a trade because to get Panarin you do need to deal prime assets I won't deny that.

But that prime asset is NOT Mathews

Just like earlier in the the the thread someone brought up Monahan or Bennett you can package Bennett but you DO NOT touce Monahan because that defeats the purpose of getting Panarin which would be to play WITH Monahan

Same logic you can package Nylander or Marner or our 1st but you DO NOT touch Mathews because that defeats the purpose of getting Panarin which would be to play WITH Mathews.

Last edited:

YennoItFlames

Sep 1, 2016
The reason I was trying to get Pan is to play with Bennett, so we could have a 1-2 punch on the lw-c while we have 3 middle 6 rw(Frolik/Brouwer/Chiasson, so how about Andersson/Hickey(both could become top 4s or better/worse) + 1st or 2 2nds + some cap under 3m?

thesaadfather

Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
Mathews? are you serious?

You don't give up Mathews to get Panarin, if you get WITH Mathews

You could get Nylander or Marner or our 1st,all those things could be in a trade because to get Panarin you do need to deal prime assets I won't deny that.

But that prime asset is NOT Mathews

Just like earlier in the the the thread Monahan or Bennett you can package Bennett but you DO NOT touce Monahan because that defeats the purpose of getting Panarin which would be to play WITH Monahan

Same logic you can package Nylander or Marner or our 1st but you DO NOT touce Mathews because that defeats the purpose of getting Panarin which would be to play WITH Mathews.

When did anybody say anything about Mathews?

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Nobody will pay that, Maybe Marner but don't forget Panarin has 1 year only under his belt and he was playing with the best offensive player.

Absolutely someone will pay that, if Panarin gets similar points this year. Panarin = Tarasenko in value.

Marner's jackpot level upside is 75 points, being top10 scorer in the NHL. He might hit that at 10% probability. Most likely he ll end up 60+ points. Getzlaf/Monahan/Spezza level, still not a scrub.

25yo 9th best scorer in the league. 2 years RFA, meaning at least 5 prime years contract. Or go for 7x7.

If he gets 70points again, he ll be the Subban trade for next summer.

The correct question is: How much for Tarasenko? How much for Sequin? Wheeler?

Stoner + 1st?:popcorn:

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

While I like Panarin and think he will have a decent career , projecting him as a perrenial top 10 player after 1 strong season seems unwise...

If his value is really that high , then I don't see why Hawks don't keep him.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
I don't think Panarin is going anywhere.

Hossa will be playing in the desert, either Phoenix or Vegas next year. That clears several million of cap space for them to resign Panarin. If they have to, the deal is shorter to cover only the cheapest RFA years. Hossa & Panarin's cap hit combined is north of 6m. Chicago can work with that.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I don't think Panarin is going anywhere.

Hossa will be playing in the desert, either Phoenix or Vegas next year. That clears several million of cap space for them to resign Panarin. If they have to, the deal is shorter to cover only the cheapest RFA years. Hossa & Panarin's cap hit combined is north of 6m. Chicago can work with that.

If you seem to be unfamiliar with recapture penalties and how Hossas is one of the worst in the NHL, let me summarize it for you: Chicago wont trade Hossa

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
He has a lot of value and draft picks would likely not attract the Hawks because they're in win now mode.

The hardest part in this is deciding what hawks want to receive, and then finding someone with valuable enough package available + need to win soon. Not many teams tick both boxes.

The return might be a bag of stuff. Right now production at cheapest cap cost. What would you unload Sequin for?

High production ELC winger w 2 seasons left should be the primary target. A guy like Pulju+. Marner+. Depends how the 1st year goes.

Another one is Maxpac. The best contract in the league. 30+30 for 4mil is a very valuable piece, that the fans keep valuing like standard 30+30. That 3 mil free cap is nuts. It s like long term upgrading Scandella to second Suter.

Also, all of this relies Panarin actually putting the points up this year. If he sucks, his value tanks. Naturally.

CHI might also sign him for 7, play for one season and trade in the RFA. Depends on the cap urgency and Hossa.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I'd love to think that something around Zuccarello would get it done, but that's probably just hopes and dreams. In theory, it's the kind of move that could work for both teams. Hawks don't lose a ton of production and can keep contending, and the Rangers get a top-end talent who can be a core piece moving forward.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
If you seem to be unfamiliar with recapture penalties and how Hossas is one of the worst in the NHL, let me summarize it for you: Chicago wont trade Hossa

Your insightfulness is remarkably astounding.

Let me familiarize you with similarly structured contracts, lets start with Pavel Datsyuk and Chris Pronger. You think Columbus or Toronto is worried about Nathan Horton's recapture penalty? How about Detroit worrying about Johan Franzen's?

Familiarize yourself with how teams are working within the rules of the CBA and working around the cap, including how they avoid the penalties in place.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Your insightfulness is remarkably astounding.

Let me familiarize you with similarly structured contracts, lets start with Pavel Datsyuk and Chris Pronger. You think Columbus or Toronto is worried about Nathan Horton's recapture penalty? How about Detroit worrying about Johan Franzen's?

Familiarize yourself with how teams are working within the rules of the CBA and working around the cap, including how they avoid the penalties in place.

Pronger and Datsyuk have precisely nothing to do with Hossa. Hossa's deal isn't a 35+ deal.

Nathan Horton and Johan Franzen have debilitating issues that prevent them from playing hockey at all. You can't just stash a guy on LTIR. He's got to actually have an injury. Hossa does not have a messed up back like Horton or a history of concussions like Franzen.

So, maybe you need to familiarize yourself with the rules.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
He actually has both. But don't let little things like facts derail your argument.

lol dude Hossa is currently healthy and playing. Your just talking from ur ass and saying Hossa's career will soon be over and his cap wont be an issue

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad