Player Discussion Artem Zub (D) Part 2 [Extended 4 years @ $4.6M]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
If you show a little faith in JBD's underlying metrics and the notion that he can take the next step, him playing with Chabot starts to sound just fine as a stop gap.

The smallest thing pushes some people so deep into the cave of negativity around here.
I agree.

I don't fault anyone cuz we all surely have some PTSD with how rough the last couple seasons were, but I think it's not quite the panic some do.

Ullmark on the other hand, ya that would concern me. He's the biggest upgrade we got this year and we need him big time.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Ughhh. My hot take is that an injury to Zub is a top 3 worst injury this team could have.

Jensen
Hamonic
JBD

on the right side is nightmare fuel for a coach. And fans.

Fingers crossed that it's just a day to day thing.
Atleast its better than last year. They have Jensen, Addison and Yakemchuk on top of JBD and Hamonic. Last year they literally had no one.

If you show a little faith in JBD's underlying metrics and the notion that he can take the next step, him playing with Chabot starts to sound just fine as a stop gap.

The smallest thing pushes some people so deep into the cave of negativity around here.
Completely ignoring the fact they have Jensen and Addison at their disposal. Which they didnt have last year and the emergency of a stop gap in Yakemchuk until Zub is healthy.

Reactions: PlayersLtd

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Atleast its better than last year. They have Jensen, Addison and Yakemchuk on top of JBD and Hamonic. Last year they literally had no one.

Completely ignoring the fact they have Jensen and Addison at their disposal. Which they didnt have last year and the emergency of a stop gap in Yakemchuk until Zub is healthy.
Exactly.

This team's depth and makeup is 180 degrees from what it was last year. It is nothing shy of remarkable how Staios has retooled this team. Every team has holes on paper to start the season. If JBD or Addison sliding into the #2 RD spot for a handful of games is our biggest hole that is more indicative of how good we're looking than bad.

Reactions: bert

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa

Are JBD’s underlying metrics actually good? Serious question as I am not someone who regularly looks at such things so I have no idea what they are for him.

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Are JBD’s underlying metrics actually good? Serious question as I am not someone who regularly looks at such things so I have no idea what they are for him.
I'll try to find it later but a couple weeks ago something was posted about him having some shockingly high advanced stats. Don't recall which ones specifically and they aren't in the JBD thread but will try to back up later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad