Art Ross thread (2018/19)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
How many players actualy enjoy the luxory of having a better linemate than Draisaitl?
What I want to know is why can't Draisaitl be as good as he is with McDavid, but away from him, driving his own line. As an Oiler fan this irks me that his numbers drop away from McDavid to the point that they just stack that top line when he should be driving his own increasing our depth.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
What I want to know is why can't Draisaitl be as good as he is with McDavid, but away from him, driving his own line. As an Oiler fan this irks me that his numbers drop away from McDavid to the point that they just stack that top line when he should be driving his own increasing our depth.
You are an Oilers fan and you cant figure this out? RNH is currently playing second line center with 2 guys that have scored a combined 3 goals this season. Outside of McDavid, Draisatl and RNH, no player currently in the lineup has more then 5 goals and that's a d-man Nurse. Chiasson has 16 goals but he is injured and realistically he is a 3rd or 4th liner to begin with. Right now no other forward in the lineup has more then 3 goals this season.

If you put 2 of the 3 Oiler forwards that have any ability to score together, there is nothin else on the team to drive.

That is why these people that keep harping on Draisaitl and RNH whenever they are not playing with McDavid must be blind. There is absolutely nothing else to play with on the team.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
You are an Oilers fan and you cant figure this out? RNH is currently playing second line center with 2 guys that have scored a combined 3 goals this season. Outside of McDavid, Draisatl and RNH, no player currently in the lineup has more then 5 goals and that's a d-man Nurse. Chiasson has 16 goals but he is injured and realistically he is a 3rd or 4th liner to begin with. Right now no other forward in the lineup has more then 3 goals this season.

If you put 2 of the 3 Oiler forwards that have any ability to score together, there is nothin else on the team to drive.

That is why these people that keep harping on Draisaitl and RNH whenever they are not playing with McDavid must be blind. There is absolutely nothing else to play with on the team.
They should put Drai and Nuge together on the second line. McDavid can run his own line with 2 scrubs, at least Drai would have Nuge to help him out, and there are two solid lines.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Kuch is currently on pace for 138 points. Sounds pretty.
Should gun for 140. It has an even prettier sound to it.

Seriously though, halfway through everything still points to the death of D in the NHL. 120 points seasons seem like what the top players will have.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
How many players actualy enjoy the luxory of having a better linemate than Draisaitl?
He gets to play with either Draisatl or RNH and some 4th liner/AHL level player that has 2 or 3 goals on the season. The 3rd wheel playing with MacKinnon and Rantanen has 24 goals and 45 points this season.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
They should put Drai and Nuge together on the second line. McDavid can run his own line with 2 scrubs, at least Drai would have Nuge to help him out, and there are two solid lines.
It might be worth a try. It's sad though the drop off is so steep, I am not even sure McDavid could get enough out of any of the other forwards on the team, they are that bad.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
It might be worth a try. It's sad though the drop off is so steep, I am not even sure McDavid could get enough out of any of the other forwards on the team, they are that bad.
Well he turned that stone handed bum Maroon into a 27 goal scorer, and Chiasson has been scoring more than ever since getting to play with McDavid.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Well he turned that stone handed bum Maroon into a 27 goal scorer, and Chiasson has been scoring more than ever since getting to play with McDavid.
That is true but a number of the guys like Rattie, Puljujarvi, Reider, and now they have Kassian on that line, have been given a chance and even McDavid has not been able to jump start those guys, they just have not shown much even when they have had a chance with him. Even when they had Maroon, Draisatl was still often on that line. Still might be worth a try though but a lot of these other forwards are sure not showing much.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
That is true but a number of the guys like Rattie, Puljujarvi, Reider, and now they have Kassian on that line, have been given a chance and even McDavid has not been able to jump start those guys, they just have not shown much even when they have had a chance with him. Even when they had Maroon, Draisatl was still often on that line. Still might be worth a try though but a lot of these other forwards are sure not showing much.
Thing is I feel they don't give these guys enough time before they change the lines which can be bad. A revolving door doesn't really give some people especially mentally slower bottom of the barrel players a chance to acclimate/gel and get comfortable with their line mates. As for Puljujarvi, I feel there may be some communication issues with him on top of that.

Reindl87

May 18, 2012

What I want to know is why does McDavids production drop significantly when not playing with Draisaitl?

Reactions: Mbraunm

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
What I want to know is why does McDavids production drop significantly when not playing with Draisaitl?
You mean why doesn't it. His production only sees a negligible decrease away from him. Whereas Draisaitl takes a big hit.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
The thing with Draisaitl is that he is getting paid to drive his own line.

Last edited:
Reactions: Future GOAT

QXZY

Nov 13, 2017
Kucherov deserves linemates he has now, and McDavid deserves his linemates as well.
If you remember, Kucherov accepted a bridge contract to stay with his linemates, and didn't exagerate his appetite.

Reactions: Mbraunm

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Kucherov deserves linemates he has now, and McDavid deserves his linemates as well.
If you remember, Kucherov accepted a bridge contract to stay with his linemates, and didn't exagerate his appetite.
If McDavid was only scoring 65 points a season as an RFA instead of 100 points and winning Art Ross, Hart, and Ted Lindsey awards, he would have been paid much less at the time as well.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
If McDavid was only scoring 65 points a season as an RFA instead of 100 points and winning Art Ross, Hart, and Ted Lindsey awards, he would have been paid much less at the time as well.
What's your point? Kucherov's bridge contract was one of the most one-sided concessions in recent history. He obviously took less money than his market value at the time.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
What's your point? Kucherov's bridge contract was one of the most one-sided concessions in recent history. He obviously took less money than his market value at the time.
Kucherov was not even in McDavid's league as a player at the same age when he was an RFA. So there is no comparison between the two in regards to what they signed for as RFA's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad