Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
il_570xN.491116766_rsep.jpg

Continue.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
From the last thread.

Spezza with another 3 points tonight so far.

I feel like I need a little vindication here for calling a regression for the Avs and having everyone laugh at me.

1-4-1 in their first 6 games. It's a small sample size to be sure, but they played over their heads last season and they're coming back to earth this year. Sure, Varlamov is hurt, but he was bad before he got hurt, and that blueline is still not even close to being good enough to hang with the big boys in the West.

Still a playoff team, but not the cream of the division like they were last year.

Nvm. Spezza just scored.

Spezza on the ice for 4 goals for and 3 goals against. :laugh: Typical Spezza.

well it's spezza

and benny's chance to point out his 0 +/- went away since spezza scored right after

and if he was on the ice for 4 against, then he'd be a minus 1 tonight instead of plus 1

People say preseason doesn't count for much but their regular season is going as well as their preseason did.

I'm still hoping they turn it around because they were a fun team last year, but some radio talking heads were actually picking them to miss the playoffs this year.

You have to see how many of the goals are PP goals (2).

You don't get a plus for those.

He's +1, which means he was on for 4 goals for and 1 goal against.

Colorodo defense is ugly. Check out subbans second goal lol. had a solid 10 seconds

Yep.

If the Avs had a competent defense, that goal would not have happened at all.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
You have to see how many of the goals are PP goals (2).

You don't get a plus for those.

He's +1, which means he was on for 4 goals for and 1 goal against.

I made a point of checking NHL.com for that and it said the only PP goal in the game was a flyers. :dunno:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I wonder how Dallas fans feel about Spezza so far. He's pretty much playing the exact same way he was playing with us. I'd guess he'll be just as polarizing with that fanbase with one side loving the offense and the other tearing their hair out for his defensive gaffes.

Oct 10, 2010
How bout them Leafs? Bernier allows a somewhat weak goal with 10 seconds to go in OT.

Leafs can't add offense vs. the MONSTER!

PANIC time for the blue and white, haah

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Dallas fans are pretty unanimous in being happy with Spezza's play. Just check their board. They also say his defense has been better than advertised...but that was always the case as he was just always the scapegoat here.

I'd be pretty happy with 7 points in 5 games.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Dallas fans are pretty unanimous in being happy with Spezza's play. Just check their board. They also say his defense has been better than advertised...but that was always the case as he was just always the scapegoat here.

I'd be pretty happy with 7 points in 5 games.

So why aren't you sporting a Dallas avy yet?

He was a scapegoat because he earned it.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Funny, because like you said he is playing pretty much the same there as he was here and Dallas fans are very happy with him.

Totally see where you're coming from.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Give it more time. It's only been 5 games.

Not a surprising response. Spezza will be great in Dallas just like he was here. He just won't have all the added pressure of a spoiled fanbase and idiotic media trying to run him out of town every other game.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Once again a prominent Senator goes elsewhere and people are suddenly shocked he's a good player.

Same with Alfie and the Hall of Fame stuff. Always told he'd never make it, but one year in Detroit and he's a first ballot lock.

Give me a break.

Karlsson2Turris*

If Spezza was traded to Nashville instead of Dallas no way he puts up 7 points in 5 games.

Penner getrdonebryan

Jun 8, 2007
Rou.
Spezza is a great 2nd line C. He's just not cut to be the go-to #1 guy. Re-watch our game tonight and look at Johansen. That's what everyone wanted out of Spezza. Instead they got Ribeiro's super sayan transformation

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah. He totally fell apart as the go to guy getting 4th in scoring and 6th in heart while leading the team to a 7 game series against the 1 seed and tops in scoring in that series. Definitely wish he was more like Johansen...Ribeiro is a good comparable.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
5 games... 7 points... -2. Lmfao. Never change, Spezza. Most of those points have come playing alongside 2 superstars in the league... on the PP.

Btw, against Pitts, he made 2 terrrrrrrific passes though, I'll give him that.

We were 5-1-1 last year without him and 4-1 this year so far for a reason. I don't envy Dallas whatsoever.

Penner getrdonebryan

Jun 8, 2007
Rou.
Yeah. He totally fell apart as the go to guy getting 4th in scoring and 6th in heart while leading the team to a 7 game series against the 1 seed and tops in scoring in that series. Definitely wish he was more like Johansen...Ribeiro is a good comparable.

I've got to give it to you,you sell it pretty well. The dude has a better ppg production than Alfredsson..so so clutch...but no,the Spezza we all know had an underwhelming Senators career. He left a lot to be desired and before you twist my words again quote me on this : He needs Been. He cannot be Benn to win. That's all

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Steve Downie on the Penguins. Jesus ****ing Christ. That is my worst nightmare.

Btw Spez with 4 points tonight. Where the haters at?

Last edited:

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Look up.

I will say, Ruff was not impressed with his team. What was the line? Something about hot garbage?

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I've got to give it to you,you sell it pretty well. The dude has a better ppg production than Alfredsson..so so clutch...but no,the Spezza we all know had an underwhelming Senators career. He left a lot to be desired and before you twist my words again quote me on this : He needs Been. He cannot be Benn to win. That's all

Well, Ottawa is the largest hockey market in the country and most vocal fanbase in the NHL, ya know. 99% of guys in the league just can't play with that overwhelming pressure. Most guys are much happier in a quiet little town like Montreal or Toronto where there's absolutely no pressure at all. :sarcasm:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
5 games... 7 points... -2. Lmfao. Never change, Spezza. Most of those points have come playing alongside 2 superstars in the league... on the PP.

Btw, against Pitts, he made 2 terrrrrrrific passes though, I'll give him that.

We were 5-1-1 last year without him and 4-1 this year so far for a reason. I don't envy Dallas whatsoever.

Erik Karlsson 4 points in 5 games -1, Spezza 7 points in 5 games -2. Dallas has scored 15 goals and Ottawa has scored 14 (I'm waiting for the "Spezza plays with better players!!!" excuse.)

lol the absurdity in some of this is hilarious. You aren't even watching him play and still bashing on him as though you have any clue what you're talking about.

Don't worry though Zibanejad is totally better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad